When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Updated - King Power Diver 4000M 48MM - a big disappointment!

hiker01

After a short sit down and some correct parts and attention, the watch passed a 10 ATM test? NICE! I go back to my earlier point. The designs of these divers are such that they don't let water in. Simple as that. A little bit of work and it did 10 ATM without a sweat. Excellent news :)

Great stuff in this thread. Thanks for showing and the excellent pictures to accompany the text.

One thing I am missing though is the dealer aspect. Was he told of this? And if so, how did he react?

You gotta pm PeteM. I know he had some communications with the dealer. I know who the dealer is, but I promise Pete to give him time to deal with the dealer......and it would be his call weather to out him out or not.

Any dealer i have purchased from offers a DOA warranty.

Of the 100 or so reps i have owned over the years,i have always taken them out of the wrapping and right into a bucket of soap and water for a cleaning. If one was to have an issue,i would contact the seller letting them know they sent me a DOA. As far as i'm concerned,this is not my problem.

Only once this has happened to me,a watch from Ruby years ago,it was replaced without question. A tip for noobs.

Great thread!

I love this watch, tried the gen on at the AD last week - pics next time, I'll be there again next week. I took some pics of the AP Diver and didnt want to be a pig. I started a thread at WC last week entiled "Reps Suck" becuase I sold 2 reps in a row that were "perfect" when they left me, a stock PAM 26k, and a highly modded Laureus 3717 w/ a chrono grade eta 7750, and both arrived to the buyers with problems. The 26k was DOA and the 3717's datewheel was sticking.Both were packed to perfection. Like Hike here, they of course didn't blame me, buy I still hated doing that. I bought a modded Rolex with a gen eta that ate itself a couple months.

If there was REALLY a seller that did REAL QC and you actually knew all the seals were good, movement was clean and lubed, it was really waterproof, I'd pay a REAL premium for it, becuase I'm not a guy that works on my stuff like Hike meaning I have to send it to VAC and wait. I'm feeling now like I'd rather send the modder the money to order the watch, have him do what Hike did, or more, then send it to me.

Like someone said above, if I'm wearing a watch that says 4000m I don't want to take it off for a swim.

Like someone said above, if I'm wearing a watch that says 4000m I don't want to take it off for a swim.

I feel that way as well. But in reality the minute you add another potential entry point (Hev valve, chrono or date pushers, etc,) you have significantly degraded the likelihood of the watch being water resistant out of the box. The perfect "rep" swim watch is a simple automatic or handwind with a crown only. Not what you want to hear but true.

I feel that way as well. But in reality the minute you add another potential entry point (Hev valve, chrono or date pushers, etc,) you have significantly degraded the likelihood of the watch being water resistant out of the box. The perfect "rep" swim watch is a simple automatic or handwind with a crown only. Not what you want to hear but true.

AMen to that......and that kinda look silly taking off your divers watch prior to swimming! :nono:

But.....you'll be surprised with some of these chrono watches watches. I used to have an AP ROO Safari that I just greased the CB rubber gasket and re-tightened the CB screws and took it diving down to 80-90ft with no problems!

AMen to that......and that kinda look silly taking off your divers watch prior to swimming! :nono:

But.....you'll be surprised with some of these chrono watches watches. I used to have an AP ROO Safari that I just greased the CB rubber gasket and re-tightened the CB screws and took it diving down to 80-90ft with no problems!

It is the other surprise I am more worried about - 90 feet below the surface and you have no idea how much time is left on that tank. You are a brave man.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I really like the look of this watch, but I think my wrists are to small for it. I can't wear a fiddy so this is out of my leage.

However, steam can be way more dangerous to a watch than a dip in the pool. If the seals are not 100% (and they should be swapped every 15 month or so) the steam will find a way through. And what watchmeiser said is true: the more complicated a watch is built, the more chance there is it might have a leak. I once tried to built an Aquatimer with a gen bezelinsert. The turning mechanism on the rep made it pretty impossible to make that thing waterproof. Bad thing for a diverwatch. ;)