When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona Block Movement 727, Valjoux 72 Rare Vintage

Guest RiverwindMDS

This is sot of interesting though...may be a good sign. I have little doubt that this is a fake item...If they are working on components like this, can complete replica VJ72 be too far behind?

I would think the whole idea is for some unscrupulous type to take a V72 movement and reassemble it on this frame, put it in an aftermarket case, and build a 6263/5 and sell it on ebay for $5000, or maybe more. This is what happened to the Franken Daytona we were watching last week.

No microstella balance, no correctly colored gears, admitted aftermarket case.... even if it costs you $2000 to build a Franken Daytona- Frankentona, and you sell it for $5000, that's a good weeks work in my mind!

Considering the lack of patina on the surfaces of the bridges and plates, as well as the seller's other items, I would agree that it is a reproduction/replication.

What's interesting to me is that there are some jewels present while others are not. I wonder what the story is behind this?

this ebay user is the same who sell the bridge ... do you remember?

This ebay guy sells alot of Rolex stuff that's very questionable, or should we just say aftermarket. I guess he has a Chinese connection!

chinese connection? from my last research comes out that the aftermarket bridge comes from vietnam....

these aftermarket bridge are quite good.... but he sell them at crazy price

Those bridges are very nice... But for the price, I don't think it's worth buying since it's going to be hidden behind a caseback for most, if not all of it's life.

yes it's right... after found a very good val.72 the game can be stopped for me....

Edited by klingsor