When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Datejust movement spacer

camche

I am a little confused about movement spacers for datejust projects. I have a 16030 case, dial,etc.. and 2836 movement. All my parts are genuine rolex except for movement. When reading posts I have heard mention of spacers for this project and seen mention of what seems to be use of rep spacers with modification. Is there a source for a spacer for this project that someone can point me in the direction of? I appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks

Check out raffles-time on ebay. He's in Hong Kong and has a movement spacer- I think it's a #2, that will do what you need. Fits in the Rolex case and holds the movement in place- 2836-2 is correct for the 16030 case.

The #2 appears to be the one all right,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Movement-Ring-ETA-2836-others-fit-Size-2-/160663472018?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25684a0792

Bought one of these myself for a 2836 also fitted to a 16030 case, quickly throwing together a mock-up it looks like a little bit of filing/sanding is needed to reduce the OD slightly, nothing too drastic, only a few minutes with a file/sandpaper, the height may need a bit of work as well or maybe just filing out a couple of notches for the movement tabs, other than that it seems like the way to go.

(Don't forget a couple of tabs/screws, to keep it all seated, if you don't already have them)