When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's the best way to clean a glossy dial?

txcollector

I used a very high quality and soft eye glass cleaning cloth. Working in strokes out from the centre and between the hour markers. Worked great.

Mind you, i had to ruin two dials before I learned how carefully i had to approach the task.

Hope you have better luck. They're a [censored] eh?

i actually use this first kit here

http://www.giottos.com/CL.htm

i found that microfiber cloth in this kit (and ive owned many from various places) to not leave a single scratch or smudge, even the solution in this kit is far superior to anything else ive ever used. these kits are inexpensive and ive cleaned many dirty grimmy gloss dials with them, when complete they were perfect, no prints or scratches in any light.

also keep in mind when handling the cloth that your finger grease is getting absorbed by the cloth by you handling it, so keep one end primarily as the business end. i also roll my cloths to a point for finer accuracy and more applied pressure. you have to wipe the grease clean across from where it is off the end of the dial to completely lift it away

• Like 1

also keep in mind when handling the cloth that your finger grease is getting absorbed by the cloth by you handling it, so keep one end primarily as the business end. i also roll my cloths to a point for finer accuracy and more applied pressure. you have to wipe the grease clean across from where it is off the end of the dial to completely lift it away

great tip.

I had to use a new cloth but using a fine felt tip brush to apply the right amount of pressure on the cloth. My big fat fingers wouldn't do it right.

i actually use this first kit here

http://www.giottos.com/CL.htm

i found that microfiber cloth in this kit (and ive owned many from various places) to not leave a single scratch or smudge, even the solution in this kit is far superior to anything else ive ever used. these kits are inexpensive and ive cleaned many dirty grimmy gloss dials with them, when complete they were perfect, no prints or scratches in any light.

I just ordered one of these. Thanks for the tip :)