When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Navitimer Spatiographe

redwatch

Ok gang..... here we go. This will be the starting point for my insane new project. Why is it insane??? Because finding the movement for this one is going to be an adventure!

Introducing the Breitling Navitimer Spatiographe:

breitlingspa1.jpg

I have wanted to build one of these for a long, long time now. I have been collecting parts over the past year and a half for this project and I am still hunting around. I was going to build a black dialed one, but after seeing the one above, I managed to find a gen white dial for this project which I am still waiting on. I think the white really makes this watch pop! And as much as a don't like gold anything, I do quite like the gold hands and markers on this with the SS case.

Anyways, on to the teaser pics of what I have so far:

189e6f49.jpg

b309b1e3.jpg

6c4cdc26.jpg

The search continues for the elusive movement. Basically the plan is to find a cheap ETA 2892-A2 with DD 2021 module. I need a movement with the running 2nd's at 3. The rest of it I will probably fake.

Dial Choice Update:

c33a99ff.jpg

ae899893.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love the white dial one, S...this is a terrific project...

case looks great...details?

hmmm...wearing my Blackbird today and it has seconds at 3 in a modded 7750...have you thought of that movement?...not sure what spec you need to fit the dial and case - the case looks to be a standard Navi case so a 7750 looks like it would fit...just a thought...

R-

Now that's an intriguing idea R! I wonder how reliable that would be? The large date wheels might come in handy too to fake the 10 minute counter.

Also would the seconds @ 3 mod make the movement too thick?

The case is an old school case with a pretty decent slide rule. Chief AR'd crystal, bracelet, crown, two sets of hands (SS & Gold) were all a part of a kit that I bought from a very nice member here.

Also would the seconds @ 3 mod make the movement too thick?

The case is an old school case with a pretty decent slide rule.

I'm thinking it might...should be the same thickness as the Navi tri-compax movements that fit these old skool cases (of which, i own 2), i'm thinking - but not sure...perhaps a pm to Z might help to answer that...

these old skool cases are great...

Just checked Perfect Clones and the Blackbird is not a very cheap donor watch.... :g:

or post a WTB for a pre-owned one...you could always sell the components - the bracelet is one of the best out there and could fetch $75usd - at least i'd pay that amount for it...parting out a B'Bird could help offset the movement cost...there's also a lot of BCE fans out there that could build a fantasy piece with the carcass...my 2 cents...

bb2medium.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the 2892A2 has closer subs than the a7750. I tried to fit a rep movt to a gen 50th Anniv dial and it wouldn't go.

You definately need a 2892...

Have a look at the ETA manufacture horlogerie website, the mechaline chrono section. That will have the dimensional data you need.

I actually prefer the black dial: it reminds me of the Navi World which is unmistakable compared to all the std Navi homages out there ;)

Thanks for the comments folks! I think the best bet is going to be to go with the 2892-A2 as well. I think the cheapest option will be to buy an Invicta 0785 Speedway which has the 2892-A2 with DD 2021 module in it. At least it's a watch I won't mind tossing and using the movement as a donor.

You may need to buy a cheapo plastic movt ring to mount it aswell. Then you have the potential problem of its crown and pushers not lining up with the case. Not that I'm trying to pish on your parade or anything! Lol

I Hope you can make it happen :)

Pusher extensions can be modified, its the depth of crown which will make or break. PolexPete had to DIY mill his Navi case to relocate the crown tube.

My Tag Monaco (2892A2) which I'm wearing now is relatively thin compared to a rep Navi.

But with a thicker gen dial, it may all line up in the end :D

• 3 months later...