When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! I'm going nuts trying to pick the best DSSD

OceanView

So i've narrowed it down to these possible DSSD.

To me they look the same, who knows maybe they are from the same factory.

The pearl all look similar and I have no idea if the "10" is correct.

I will make a purchase tomorrow so please let me know which ones is better and why?

Or if you know of a better one in the $200-$300 range, feel free to let me know.

http://www.puretimew...16600-v6-a2836/

http://www.replica-w...showtopic=21354

http://www.marvellou....php?ProId=1016

Thanks!

Edited by OceanView

Hello, how are you? Allow me to relate to you a few things regarding the DSSD replica scene. :nerd:

There are two factories making high quality DSSD replicas right now. They are called:

1) Noobfactory DSSD

2) "unknown factory" so we call this one the TrevorTime DSSD after the dealer who brought this watch to the Forums "market"

:phone:Fun Fact: These two models of DSSD can be available in Asia 21j movement, Swiss Clone, Genuine Swiss, and Asia 3135 look-alike movements. The watch movement sets the price range, but otherwise the case, dial, and crystal, etc, are the same for each available movement.

:confused:Did you know: There is a third option for buying a DSSD ... a trusted watch modder on the Forums (BKLM1234 is his nickname) sells a reworked Noobfactory DSSD with his QC process and a custom date wheel said to be more like the genuine.

:cc_detective: DSSD watches from these two factories range from $98 to $400++ depending on the movement inside or modifications specified. Again, I stress that the actual watches are the same and the movement inside the watch accounts for the difference in price.

In my opinion, the TrevorTime factory has dropped the ball over the last two years, and not updated their watch at all, whereas the NoobFactory continues to update it's DSSD to the current day.

:pimp: If you want the most accurate DSSD replica, and cost is not a problem, then I suggest a BK modified DSSD with a full Super-Luminova re-lume of the dial and hands.

If you are not ready to spend in that price range, then a common Noobfactory DSSD with an asian ETA clone movement is probably what you need.

One last thing .. the Puretime v6 is Noobfactory, and the Puretime v7 is the Trevortime model and the price he is asking for those two watches is quite good.

• Like 1

Jkay, thank you for the detailed explanation. That helps me a lot.

At the moment I only want to spend between $200-$300 so BKLM1234 modded DSSD is not an option.

How you can tell which factory the DSSD is from?

From what I can tell, the Trevor DSSD has thinner date numbers

To me his DSSD http://www.rwg.cc/topic/139582-ultimate-version-deep-sea-dweller-ss-black-asian-eta-2836-correct-10-bezel/

looks the same as PureTime's v6 but from what you stated above those are from different factories.

Besides the numbers, what are the tells?

Thanks.

No that is a NoobFactory watch.

The main differences are that "TrevorTime" model DSSD has a totally square white triangle on the ceramic insert at 12 oclock and the Noobfactory model has a very curved white triangle on the ceramic insert at 12 oclock.

Neither is 100% correct. the Gen has a slightly curved triangle. Not square and not very curved.

Also, the Helium escape valve on the two models is very different if you look at them.

Regarding your question about Trevor's recent sales post to the Forum ... he does sell the Noobfactory DSSD as well!!

One DSSD is named after him because he brought it to the market, not because it's the only one he sells.

Trevorbobo is a dealer, not a factory ... he has one DSSD named after him, but he sells both kinds!

Regarding your question about Trevor's recent sales post to the Forum ... he does sell the Noobfactory DSSD as well!!

One DSSD is named after him because he brought it to the market, not because it's the only one he sells.

Ha ha! I'm going in and out of confusion :g::)

OK, I think I'm gonna go with Trevors DSSD that I linked up just above.

Seems to be the best price so far.

Thanks again :clap2:

Ha ha! I'm going in and out of confusion :g::)

OK, I think I'm gonna go with Trevors DSSD that I linked up just above.

Seems to be the best price so far.

Thanks again :clap2:

Yes that is a beautiful Noobfactory DSSD and Trevor has a great price on it. If only the Noobfactory would finally make the dial "white gold" hour markers a ***little bit*** thinner, it would be so perfect. If BK can make a custom dial for his TW Best Submariner, then the damn factory should be able to fix their own DSSD dial.

Yes that is a beautiful Noobfactory DSSD and Trevor has a great price on it. If only the Noobfactory would finally make the dial "white gold" hour markers a ***little bit*** thinner, it would be so perfect. If BK can make a custom dial for his TW Best Submariner, then the damn factory should be able to fix their own DSSD dial.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Thick circles are ugly.