When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help for buy omega planet ocean!

Guest tolis

i want to buy omega planet ocean 42 or 45 new version!i thing 42mm......but from where?i choose swiss eta?its reall?or asia eta?i see this moden in perfect clone!its with 4813!its good movement?i see beat 288000!!!its good?help to find the best deal!!!!!thanks any help.....

http://www.1-pc8838.com/omse00251-planet-ocean-ssss-asian-4813-28800-p-9574.html

• Like 1

i want to buy omega planet ocean 42 or 45 new version!i thing 42mm......but from where?i choose swiss eta?its reall?or asia eta?i see this moden in perfect clone!its with 4813!its good movement?i see beat 288000!!!its good?help to find the best deal!!!!!thanks any help.....

http://www.1-pc8838....800-p-9574.html

and version with 4813 its same like swiss model?only movement its different?

• 1 month later...

I too am new to this forum and really, really appreciate the people who post here and dedicate themselves to not just replica, but genuine fine timepieces. It reminds me of "Catch Me If You Can" when the FBI agent brought the checks to DeCaprio in jail and asked him about them, and right away he was like, "Oh yea, this is wrong here, this is amaturish, these numbers are used the most, so the stamps are worn on real checks, but this one is like new."

Anyway, I respect the guys who have the skills and experience to franken their watches to make them perfect, but alas, I lack those skills. I am looking for the BEST P.O. rep I can find. I am posting in this thread because it seems there are a zillion, "Which should I buy..." posts out there, and the one I am looking at seems to be the "big brother" to the one this original poster linked to. I have read through the forum, and I think I might actually be MORE confused than when I started.

I have no affiliation with any of these companies, so I am looking for your opinion on the best one out there (it doesn't have to be this one, or from this company.) If I could request though, please make your reply "noob specific", meaning, in many posts people say, "Buy this or that" from Mary or Josh or whatever, and I am not familiar enough with the players to know exactly who they are, what company they are with, or what version they are talking about (and some websites seem to copy verbage from better websites comparing apples to oranges and still calling them oranges on their site.)

The one I saw, that "seems" to be very good, based on my limited knowledge is this one:

http://www.1-pc8838.com/0omse00051-planet-ocean-ssss-swiss2824-p-9522.html

In the senior members here, is this the best P,O. out there, is there something "right around the corner" coming out that you know of that I should wait to see, or ???

Thanks in advance.

Wetwork, not going to go into a big reply here, the information is on the forum, just requires a little sifting through the threads, but you are right the model you listed above is the best PO around now for the past year. I doesn't look like we will get one better than this version of the original PO as now there is new models from Omega and the focus in the future by the factories will most likely be on trying to produce the new model. This willl take some time however, it took several years to get a PO replication to the standard of the above model. So rest assured that there is nothing 'right around the corner' in regard to PO reps.

It is an excellent watch, however you will still find many will use it to moddify with gen parts to make it even closer looking to gen, as it still have some 'tells' if you look very closely, these frankens are mainly for the better gen lume, gen AR is exceptional, and smaller aesthetics such as He valve and pearl.

I would recommend it and if you go with that one you might aswell choose the asian clone of the swiss eta movement listed as an option...and save 50 dollars, theres very little difference between the two movements.

Thanks Cougar! I agree there is a lot of information on the forum, it just seems like the watch makers update this stuff at a fevorish pace. So when I read the main sticky topic on which ones to buy, I started there. Then after probably way too much reseach, I got thoroughly confused. I feel like you almost need to be an expert, watching this stuff constantly to actually "know" which one to get and from whom. Example:

OMEGA PLANET OCEAN ULTIMATE BEST SUPREME DEATHSTAR QUALITY 42 mm SS

vs.

42 mm PLANET OCEAN SWISS AAAAAAA++++++++ #1 PERFECT CLONE, MOVES WITH GODLIKE SWIFTNESS (IDENTICAL TO THE ONE JESUS WORE WHEN HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD AND ASCENDED INTO HEAVEN)

The $50 isn't that big of a deal to me for the "Swiss ETA" movement. After reading several sites, I have been led to believe this will be just a clone of a Swiss ETA movement (no offense meant to the website or companies out there, and correct me if I am wrong.)

Edited by WetWork

Lol, I agree, it does get confusing at times with the names, lots of "1:1 replication... passed the AD check and and has been mistaken by the manufacturer themselves" sort of [censored], the one you pinpointed is this right one though and I have no affiliation with that site.

The trusted dealers are there mainly because we know what we will get in most situations, if you go out on google you will often see a rep for $1000 and when you receive it you would have a $90 rep for your troubles, that sort of crap isn't tolerated on the forums, so the trusted dealers have to keep up a certain standard of will be barred from dealing.

The watch above may be named differently on different trusted dealer sites...it may even be priced differently but it will be the same watch from the same factory!

For instance these are the same watch from pc just with different dealer:

http://www.asian7750...0&P_id=2120&ti=

http://www.puretimew...acelet-eta2836/

Thats the thing about the Swiss eta movement, it may well just be a clone aswell, hard to tell these days as the asian clones of eta movements are getting quite good at copying actual swiss movements. It should be an actual off the shelf swiss eta movement if you pay the extra however it may well just be asian clone, refurbished swiss or swiss that was left around a very long time in storage and may need a service. Most people these days just go with the asian clone of the eta. If you do want to spend the extra then upto yourself.

Edited by cougar1

OK, next question. I saw, "Don't buy off their site, email the rep directly. Tell them you are from the forum, you want QC pictures emailed before shipement etc. etc. etc." I presume that is so the rep then makes an additional effort to check the watch over as you are coinsidered "knowledgable."

I had actually been considering PureTime prior to learning of Perfect Clones. Now that you said it is the same watch, frankly, they are $50 less expensive so they're clearly in the lead right now. I have seen forum posts about Joshua (Perfect Clones (I think)), is the Pure Time rep one of the names I have seen like the infamous "Mary" or ???

Also, this is what I am talking about in description confusion land. I realize the case size is bigger at 45 mm, but it also specifically lists the, "updated dial." Now I personally wanted the 42 mm, but of course I have to have the "update dial," I am hoping the 42 mm also shares the "updated dial."

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/planet-ocean-45mm-ultimate-edition-upo-on-bracelet-updated-dial/

Edited by WetWork

You can buy directly off their sites or with some dealers like Toro...emailed directly, makes no difference, just get a dealer that provides QC pics, PC, PT and tony (asian7750) all do so no worries, you won't get any preferential treatment by just emailing them, it works the same way, although it can be helpful to check stock etc. I wouldn't bother with Mary, ok well known dealer around a long time but a bit hit and miss at times, stick with the 3 above or even toro for first order.

?

Also, this is what I am talking about in description confusion land. I realize the case size is bigger at 45 mm, but it also specifically lists the, "updated dial." Now I personally wanted the 42 mm, but of course I have to have the "update dial," I am hoping the 42 mm also shares the "updated dial."

http://www.puretimew...t-updated-dial/

Right I see what you mean, don't worry about terminology such as 'updated dial', it just means the dial has been updated from the previous release (some years back) it is exactly the same as a 45mm 'ultimate' from PC or asian7750, i do agree the term 'updated dial' tends to throw you but it just means the same as the others. The old version had 'happy feet' etc these were all updated a year back to 'no happy feet' including the 42mm.

So you have the 42 mm, where did you get yours at?

I am always amazed, when people call me to order something, they never ask what "I" have. That wouldl simplify the entire internal debate they are having with "what to get."

"Hey, this guy makes it, he could have any of the stuff I am debating about... what does he have?"

Lol, people just love to be overwhelmed by options...and then they just throw a tantrum and abstain from buying at all, only to come back to it in the future and decide the best option is to go with something completely different from somebody else simply because the first time they tried just wrecked their head....lol.

I would love to say I bought that from any of the above dealers but to make matters even more confusing I actually bought it from a dealer last year called lay (replicamake) who is now banned from dealing on the forums, due to slowness in dealing with customer support etc.....how's that to throw a spanner in the works :) Saying all that the watch works fine :D

I would go with Perfect clones, I saw qc pics over on repgeek (other forum) today of one 42mm version and it is pardon the pun 'perfect'. He is fast, he gives good qc pics and offers decent aftersales support etc, most people are recommended to go here on first purchases as it is fairly seemless. Also bear in mind we are approaching Chinese new year soon so that's gonna delay everything from moving with any dealer for a few weeks so take you time ;)

Edited by cougar1

:) This forum section can be a little slow at times, it's all panerai this, panerai that these days. lol, The regulars hop in and out eventually!

I think puretimes one was $288 right for swiss eta ?

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/planet-ocean-42mm-ultimate-edition-blackwhite-on-ss-bracelet-eta2836/

also tony (asian7750) was $288 swiss eta? asian eta clone was $50 cheaper on both, not sure if we are seeing same page.

Josh PC is $318 for swiss and $268 for asian clone. Josh charges more cos he is the daddy ;) ......not too sure if he will give you a discount but try anyway

Other dealers might have it a little cheaper, check around not sure what Toro on repgeek does them for. Anyway best of luck let us know how it goes!

Actually just to add before I go :)

There's also the option of Trevor if looking for value, trevor time: His site is a bit of a mess but works all the same, he usually deals via email:

http://trevorwatch.v...lections/page2/

Watch is here:

http://v.yupoo.com/p...albums/4142135/

He has the asian eta clone at $188 which is the cheapest I've seen, he might be able to get you the swiss @ $248 if you ask him.

I would still go with the eta clone whoever you go with, no point paying the extra for swiss eta.

Edited by cougar1

Well, I got my reply, you were right.

Sorry sir.. i do not match anybody prices sir.... Similarly .. no one can match my level of service and commitment to pre and after sales service.

In no uncertain terms, pretty much said that Pure Time was a scam. I don't necessarily believe that, but whatever. I am going to try Trevor next. I'll report findings.

I have 2 for sale on RWG currently. Both are Asian automatics and a good Reps. PM me if interested. Im selling them for $135 each shipped CONUS (will consider international for the extra shipping cost) black is on maratac Nato strap, and orange is on rubber.

post-41265-0-36786100-1326266142.jpg

post-41265-0-39713200-1326266185.jpg

post-41265-0-64527300-1326266159.jpg

MOVEMENT: Automatic (w. Steel Movement Holder)

CASE DIAMETER: 45.5mm - With Correct 22mm Lug Width

THICKNESS: 13mm

CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316L

BRACELET: Solid Stainless Steel 316L (22mm Width Bracelet)

CRYSTAL: Scratch-resistant glass with anti-reflective coating.

CASE BACK: Solid Case Back with detailed engraving

BEZEL: Black or Orange Uni-Directional Bezel

HACK MOVEMENT: Yes

CLASP TYPE: Double Deployant Folding Clasp/Buckle

DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00 position

OTHER REMARKS:

Correct 22mm Width at Lugs

Correct HE Valve Placement

tan5, thanks for the offer, but I am looking for the steel bracelet. Watch looks good on you though.

I haven't heard from Trevor yet. This is almost like his personal site. I went to the link, I am looking at the watch; there are all the different pictures showcasing it like it's for sale, you even see the meticulously crafted description page (looks to be a screenshot of Perfect Clones webpage), but no link to buy it, no navigation to speak of, no terms & conditions, or really any other information but pics. I have to tell you, I probably wouldn't buy from this place (since, I'm not even sure you can) if my good, close, personal friend, cougar hadn't recommended it.

For kicks, I looked at "SETS" in the menu, because I more or less, just wanted to see what that meant (tis site kind of makes you feel like Alice going down the rabbit hole.) I clicked on a Submariner and the description of it looks like it is a screenshot from "Pure Time's" website. This guy is really taking some extra time creating this page here. As a side note, I like how they did the center links black on this watch:

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/trevorwatch/88925137/

When I see these watches that say they are PVD or DLC coated, I wonder if that is actually done and to what grade. I send allot of stuff out for coating, and was thinking about what something like this would look like. I was thinking either DLC or nickel boron. Then I started to think that I would have to take the whole thing apart, which I don't know how to do, I would probably have to oversize all the holes because the plating would be .0005 thick (it can be whatever thickness I want, but I don't think it would need any more than that.) Send it out, get it back, try to reassemble it, then since I was on a roll thinking about things, I started to think how I should work-out, then that got me tired and I had to take a break... so the "project" ended.

The overuse of adjectives in the descriptions (not just this site, but all the sites) makes me think that the grasp of the English language would be very similar to my own, if I did a web page in Chinese, "OK, these scribbles means it's really good, and if I add more to THIS scribble right here, it means it's really really good, and just recently I learned that if you put more thickness to the scribbles... people buy more." I wish they would either

A. update the descriptions as new watches came out.

B. Remove the old outdated watches.

C. Have a glossary of the words as they understand them. Like how do you quantify, "Best, Ultimate, ULTIMATE VERSION, the ultimate version" etc. Because I know that the CAPS PROBABLY have to have allot to do with how ultimate it truly is. Today when I noticed "THE ultimate version" I realized that "THE" probably has a lot of ultimate to it also. Because their language is so much different, they are trying to be descriptive, but it comes across as most everything being marketed as the best and it effectively cheapens the lot of them. I don't think this is entirely out of malice, but instead because of the quantum differences in the languages themselves.

I originally started looking at the SeaMaster 300M, but couldn't find one with correct Helium placement, and it seemed like "R&D" on this replica just ended and they moved on to the OMEGA SEAMASTER PRO 300M, since I was so overly sensative about He vavle placement, I never could decide on one fo those and if it ever got straightened out, then they moved to the PO. Now with the two dial PO chrono out, like cougar said, they move onto conquer that.

Back to this particular site, what I think I now like most, after exploring more, is that I can buy a Versace suit and cheap carnival crap right on the same page:

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/trevor-goods/collections/

That COMPLETELY DOESN'T worry me, that there is no concept of segregation in the "product lines" and that this probably carries over into the quality aspect.

"That same thing, buddy... that metal."

Then the real head slapper, "202,372 views?!?!?!" I hope this is some counter he could start the count whereever he wantedbecause if that is an actual 1/4 of a million hits... I'm doing something wrong with my web site.

Well, I was hoping to kill a little time and see if the email came in, but looks like I have to go to work instead.

Seriously, this is China we are dealing with, and it's an illegal counterfeiting operation, they don't go to the bother of maintaining or beautifying websites. The also don't bother to keep a translating team on hand for us :) Also they've got a massive customer base much bigger than those they provide for on the net. Trevor will get back to you, possibly within a couple of days! (Can you see now why josh charges more) :) As said earlier Trevor is one that deals through email, once you contact him and are serious about buying he will provide you with the steps. The reason some of the details of watches are just lifted from other sites, well they are all the same watches, someone else went to the bother of listing the details, ....not worth changing a good thing :)

Also part of the reason that the names Ultimate this and that are there is customers (Us!) make that way, for instance a version comes out and it's called version 4, the someone kindly names it a 'UPO' as it was the ultimate at the time. Then in the future (now) there is an update to that ultimate PO and it is called 'new updated UPO with new dial without happy feet version 5. It just gets out of hand recently someone coined the term V5.5...which it really wasn't it was just a version 5 but it nearly caught on. Reading the forums will keep you updated with the terminology, don't expect to pick it up in a day or two.

I do wish sometimes that dealers would simply remove listings of watches that are no longer available or produced anymore, that would filter it down a little at least.

The only thing you have to worry about (and this applies to 42mm and 45mm) is look at the dial in pics: happy feet = not the latest and greatest....No happy feet = the latest and great ultimate super duper version.