When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help for buy omega planet ocean!

Guest tolis

LOL, yea, he's a VP at a fortune 500 company. I'm pretty sure his cat gets better medical attention than most people. I'm sure his PO was real, so I'm not sure why it is any business of Frankt what I do in my business, but whatever. The thread had been active for two weeks and he never contributed anything to it until now. Just for the record, you didn't do anything to save my butt, Cougar did. I don't know what a "force fit" is, I guess I'm not cool enough.

Thanks for the reply Vandal, I'll give you a proper response later, but my plane is about to take off.

Safe flight..

Adeodatus: I understand you were saying it satirically. I actually found it pretty funny. The guy isn't on the top of my friends list anyway, since him and his crew is planning on ripping me off, and will do so as soon as the smallest opportunity arises. I don’t normally think it’s a good idea for me to lose large sums of money, so I also don’t feel the need to extend them additional courtesies.

Vandal: It sounds like that Trusty Time is a pretty good place. I mean, you had a problem and it was taken care of, that says A LOT. I read about the “short crown” issue in your other thread.

I worry about a couple things in the REP game.

1. What happens if this is seized in customs (or lost in shipping?) From the end user, their out a watch/money, they WANT that watch/money. From the dealers view: the watch was sent; your problem. I wonder what would happen in that situation.

2. If there is a problem, is the dealer really going to do anything or just ignore you?

I think the trusted vendors, you know you're going to get taken care of, and in the case of Trusty Time, Vandal, you're sure of it. So that's a lock. I'm pretty confident in Joshua, even though I haven't put it to the test, but really only because he is charging (relatively) quite a bit more than others. I could be totally wrong, but that is my educated guess. I’m sure it helps to be on the forum(s) so they know that it could affect future sales.

As far as calling out the fake Rolex. This is someone that grew up in Chicago with me; I was just ribbing my mate, it wasn’t all sinister. The watch is canal street fake man. Like Vandal said, “It’s a fake F’n watch.” It isn’t real. Don’t get your panties in a bunch when someone asks if it’s fake or calls it out on you. Your watch and accessories don’t define you. When your Tyler Durden, with an identity of your own, this stuff just falls off your back.

I feel, pretty much, the exact same way he does. It’s a nice $300-$350 automatic “Swiss” movement (supposedly.) It’s a decent watch, and that’s all I need. I like the looks of the P.O. If someone thinks it’s real, all the better.

That said, I am not the kind of person who is going to spend $4,500 on its GEN counterpart at this time. I have the money, in fact, I wasted, I mean spent, as much as a GEN watch would have cost last week, on a similar un-necessary luxury item that I wanted. If I like the REP, and actually WEAR it (my other issue) then I may, in the future, consider a GEN.

I wholeheartedly agree that the markup is ridiculous and un-necessary. I was going to get the GEN 300M second hand for $1,300, then I really started to like the P.O. and thought, “I’ll try this if this REP is that close.” If this GEN watch new was 2 grand, I would have bought it in a heartbeat. For the price of the GEN P.O., I could have manufactured my own titantium case that was an exact match to original, have someone throw in a REAL Swiss 2824 movement, and Franken the rest of it all with GEN & REP parts (where not crucial) for the same amount, and to me it would be better than what they are selling. That’s me. If I can make it, and make it better than what I can buy, for cheaper, then that is not a product I am going to buy. Some might say, “That’s not a GEN Omega product.” Yea, no kidding, to me, it’s better.

I respect the guys on here Frankening their watches, I sometimes scratch my head when I hear how much they are investing into them, but hey, I’m not paying their bills. So what’s it to me? I wish I had that level of skill and dedication to do that in some form or another, and I may want to pursue something like that in the future as a hobby.

I think to make the statement that someone is “force fit” into “our” community is ridiculous and childish. In fact, when I came here, I read a thread of “good drama” about people from here, kicked off some other forum, for essentially nothing. I’m a lighthearted person. I say a lot of stupid S#!T, and probably insult many people without realizing it. Hey, that’s me, that’s where I’m from, I don’t pull punches. Take it or leave it. The accentuation on “our community” really implies “your” community, and to my understanding, it is not YOURS.

If you're implying that I am helping one vendor or another from China, or ultimately could give two squirts of [censored] about them, then you're sorely mistaken. I am not helping any vendor; I have no ties to any vendor. I am not Chinese, if I was, then I would be standing here with a doctorate with honors as the grand pooh bah of understanding and communicating the English language. Clearly I’m an American with a pretty distinctive writing style, so we can put whatever conspiracy theory that exists to rest.

So, in conclusion, my advice, that no one wants, but will read anyway, is go out, get a copy of FIGHT CLUB and watch it. Watch it until you understand that YOU’RE NOT YOUR KHAKIS, YOUR NOT YOUR WATCH. Who cares what anyone thinks of you, and if you want a GEN, REP or a tattooed on watch, that is only right once a day… then that’s your business. No one else’s.

• Like 1

murphys_law.jpg

BUT THOSE WORD "… then that’s your business. No one else’s." IS TRUE JUST AS LONG AS YOU KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF. IN A SOCIAL SETTING OR IN A FORUM YOU MAKE IT OTHER PEOPLES BUSINES WHEN YOU BRING IT UP.

Hey Grandma You didn't contribute AT ALL to this thread, and still aren't, so why don't you move it along.

Speaking of public forum faux pas, don't you think communicating with icons, smileys and irrelevant pictures plastered everywhere is a little annoying? I know your digital graffiti must form some kind of cryptic Norwegian idiom, but to everyone else not in a third world country, it doesn't make much sense.

Try to stay on topic. Thanks boss.

Edited by WetWork

2012-01-18 18:49:00 - City of Guangzhou - Posting

2012-01-18 20:21:00 - City of Guangzhou - Despatch from Sorting Center

2012-01-18 21:33:00 - GUANGZHOU - Arrival at Sorting Center

2012-01-18 23:52:00 - GUANGZHOU - Despatch from SortingCenter

2012-01-21 07:57:00 - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USORDA - Arrival at Sorting Center

2012-01-21 07:58:00 - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USORDA - Handed over to Customs

Got some new EMS tracking updates! Should be here soon!

Edited by WetWork

Haha, that looks almost identical to my tracking info:

2012-01-18 18:50:00 City of Guangzhou Posting 2012-01-18 20:21:00 City of Guangzhou Despatch from Sorting Center 2012-01-18 21:33:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center 2012-01-18 23:13:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center 2012-01-21 05:21:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USJFKA Arrival at Sorting Center 2012-01-21 05:22:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USJFKA Handed over to Customs

I got a bit of fright on Wednesday last, a package from Josh with an Iwc mark xvi and rolex explorer I in it was nearly lost by my local post office, the tracking said out for delivery on wed, wed evening no sign but the tracking was updated to say attempted delivery no answer at address. No sign of any missed delivery note when I got home. I thought fine, but how did all this happen as there was someone home all day. Rang up Thursday and they couldn't locate the package at the local post office, they said they'd no idea where it was and that they'd let me know if it turned up. Great i thought and expected the worst. On friday evening I get a call from my local postie (fair play to him) saying he had found my package in the depot and that there was a messup in their tracking of the package and it was now in his van and he was on the way to my house with it. Thank the lord! :D

Cheers, felt relieved when I had the package in my hands, there would be nothing worse than getting the package 6000 miles around the planet safely only to lose the friggin thing in a depot less than half a mile from my house :)

Saying all that, never had a problem with rep packages before, so I guess a minor blip is acceptable as long as it turns out ok in the end.

As for Rolex, the only sub I have is the noobmariner 16610 with clone eta 2836-2 and I'm more than happy with that. The quality is excellent for the price on those. I do realise we can go and buy an mbk with some really nice but minor extra touches for an extra $500-$600, but to me I don't see the need....Not a huge rolex fan here, The only models I like are the plain sub 16610, both the 36mm and 39mm explorer I and at a real stretch...a milguass. All are replicated very well. I just picked up the 36mm explorer I in the package above and it is a smallish watch but an exceptional rep...very close to gen, probably the best ever replicated rolex (though that's arguable ;))

As far as new stuff on the horizon I'm not sure, a rolex superclone sub with cloned 3135 movement was released recently but the jury is still out on that and the movement is so new that we don't know much about how reliable it will be over time. I think the mbk is still the one to have if you want the best sub. There are some promising things on the explorer II with recent releases but I never really like the look of them. :D

Edit: Just to add, you mentioned earlier about being called out and all that, from my side I don't really care too much as everyone I know realises I'm a watch fan anyway and they don't bother questioning if what I'm wearing is rep or gen, I tell everyone that asks that every watch I wear is a rep. The funny thing is I find I often tell people than a gen i'm wearing is a rep, I get some odd looks, it just cut's out the bullshite and that way I've probably got less chance of my house being raided by masked men somenight :D .....but if you really want reps that you'd nearly need forensic training to tell rep from gen then Panerai is where it's at apparently. PAMs are not for me but many love them once the try them. Might be worth a look aswell!

Edited by cougar1

Sly wore a Pan in the last Rambo movie. When I saw it, I was like, "Why is John Rambo wearing a $5,000 watch?" Did Stalone forget to take off his actual watch or what? So I did a little internet research and found a forum page that explained a whole story about Pan & Stalone. I don't know how accurate it is, but here's the link if anyone cares to read it.

http://forums.watchu...rai-119689.html

They aren't bad looking I don't think, just like you said, not exactly my cup of tea. That said, I mentioned before I liked the 300M and not the P.O. at first. Now I look back and am like, "Yea, the 300M is still cool, but not as cool as the P.O. What was I thinking?" So who knows, maybe I'll have a whole stable of watches too some day. The other thing with me is that I have to see if I'll even wear the thing. I get on these kicks of things I must have, then once I get them, I lose interest in them.

Hey Grandma You didn't contribute AT ALL to this thread, and still aren't, so why don't you move it along.

Speaking of public forum faux pas, don't you think communicating with icons, smileys and irrelevant pictures plastered everywhere is a little annoying? I know your digital graffiti must form some kind of cryptic Norwegian idiom, but to everyone else not in a third world country, it doesn't make much sense.

Try to stay on topic. Thanks boss.

Wow! I simply do not like you WetWork.

LOL!!!

by the way WetWork those Norwegian third world residents were attending operas, playing classical music, while you were scalped by the red skins and chewed on tobacco and today enjoy being the second highest GDP per-capita in the world, while wall street is "occupied" by crackhead bums. :bangin:

(damn I hope you are American, or else I sound like a pr!ck ) ;)

PS This thread cracks me up. There is nothing like a good humorous bashing between friends, right?. Keep it up boys! :clap2:

GDP per capita? That's easy when your country's entire population is half of that of N.Y. city.

http://www.google.co...rld&hl=en&dl=en

It's awesome all the stuff they were doing a few hundred years ago. I wonder why with THAT much of a head start they allowed us to invent the first suspension bridge, refrigerator, flatboat, lock stitch sewing machine, combine harvester, steam shovel, electrical relay, circuit breaker, Howe truss, milling machine, profile lathe, multiple coil magnet, anesthesia, rotary printing press, adhesive tape, printing telegraph, baseball, pin tumbler lock, jackhammer, safety pin, dishwasher.... etc. etc. etc. all before 1850.

When we were getting scalped by Red Skins, Norway didn't come here and save our butts.

When they were being scalped by NAZI's, well... you're welcome.

Anyone ever wonder, while they are waiting for the "demise of America", if China will extend Europe and the rest of the world the same courtesies they have enjoyed, come to expect, taken for granted; and forgotten? Ask Tibet once, they might know.

Edited by WetWork

What a cat thinks is of little consequence to me.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....are the any important Norwegians on RWG??...I guess so. But obviously based onyour posts you are ignorant about a few details of importance around here...your challenged in some way" me thinks"....besides, I predict you will not last long here using that kind of "GANdma trashing" reasoning WetWork ;)

BTW I like the video a lot :1a: best post by you so farl!!