When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help for buy omega planet ocean!

Guest tolis

Tan, Andrew is the same deal as Josh...they are one and the same (not the same person but the same outfit) ....no difference. And the watch above you posted above with pics is a Narikka (Porikka), ....nothing wrong with it per-se but highly inaccurate in terms of details, and it is a backwards step here. Also charging similar prices to Narikka himself would be a bit rich for a 2nd hand watch....if you don't mind me saying...No offence intended. I would go with the very cheap DG4813 V5 listed on the other (tolis) thread before I'd go with a Porikka these days.

Reason I mentioned trevor in the first place was wetwork was looking for value, and trevor is where it's at...same watch as all the other suppliers, just cheaper and a few delays in the mix but he'll get the watch. But in reality if we want things to operate with any semblance to a US website shop then Josh or andrew is where to go.

Edited by cougar1

Cougar, even though they’re counterfeiters and what not they could still make a web template and simplify their own life, which would help us in the process. I’m from Chicago and I know that even mob fronts can make a decent enough pizza. You know what I’m sayin’? :hi:

When I first started my quest, I was looking at the Rolex models. I totally agree with someone on this forum that said, "One small little thing on a Rolex rep, people pick up on because they WANT to find a fake." I started to make this cheat sheet of real Rolex features to cue me of the rep's tells ]see image below]. It was really just the real features of the watch. If these guys did that as a template on their watches, then had a column for the rep and compared the two... it would rock the house and move them to the next level of professionalism and more than likely substantially help their sales (because you know, I want to help these guys so bad,)

I will say that Perfect Clones gets back to you right away. I asked if he had it in stock and he replied today:

Yes watch is avail in stocks sir ...

Please check out your order directly online .. All major credit cards accepted .. Paypal as well ..

Yes watch is avail in stocks sir ...

Trevor, I also got a reply from him right away.

“Yes, i have this watch also

The price of mine is $268 USD with SWISS ETA movement.”

So right now, even though his web site is sorely lacking, he does have a reccomendation AND is $50 cheaper. We all know this is the same watch, so I am a little bit surprised that Joshua from Perfect Clones did not come down in price. I am doing the digital equivalent of "walking out the door here" and he still isn't flinching. How did Joshua get so powerful? :g: (this smiley just absolutely accentuates the smart-assedness of that comment)

I asked Trevor if he has the watch in stock, and if he takes CC's. I would be pleasantly surprised and buy immediately if he did.

post-41881-0-73491000-1326489112.jpg

Edited by WetWork

Hi wetwork, you got your response from Trevor and yes that's a good price(make sure you ask for QC pics on purchase)...best I've seen on these. The thing is now don't over analyse the process, it works, somehow it does, otherwise they wouldn't be in business, (and overall it dwarfs any the mafia ever engaged in :)) Once you get through the QC process and get hold of the watch just enjoy it for what it is, don't expect Omega level of reliability, some reps will fail, most will last many many years. The forums are here if you need help or assistance. I'm not saying it's you but the thing is, some people will try reps and expect way too much, these will be the ones who end up disappointed and should probably go and buy a seiko quartz :) , on the other hand if willing to accept that there will be an occasional mishap (such as the short stem on vandals watch in thread below) or that the occasional movement will fail in three days....and continue then you can be rewarded with a great hobby which reaps great rewards....and lot of great looking watches for a fraction of the price of the genuine article.

Just to add, if you have doubts and not sure you are willing to outlay $268 quid on a rep right off the bat and would rather test the waters first then you could do much worse than buy the cheapest a21j version of these (DG4813 version) as bamcky suggested in another thread: http://www.rwg.cc/to...ost__p__1057798

Trevor would probably be able to get you one of those at around $100, the finishing is exactly the same as the swiss eta or asian eta it just can't be frankened. An outlay of $100 dollars would hardly break the bank and it would give you an idea whether it's worth continuing in the rep game.

I don't think there's any point doing a true gen 'features' list vs rep features list and trying to replicate every little minute detail of a gen, that level of detail is rarely accomplished in this business...sure there are superreps, many at huge expense and most still need to be frankened/modded to pass the 10x loupe test of ocd replica fans, just look at the prices of an mbk rolex submariner rep just as a starting point as a base for modding/frankening with gen parts. Very easy to get into huge ocd with this game very quickly. The reality is in real life, and not on the forums :) only a very small fraction of the public could tell the difference between a cheap $150 cheap noob sub rep and an $8K gen sub. ........what's the moral of the story.... :) do your research on the forums about what looks like a half decent rep, buy a few and enjoy them as they are, they will look a million times better than the average market/canal st type rep, they will also look much better than a $200 seiko or citizen...and don't sweat the small details :D

Edited by cougar1

I decided to go with Trevor om the "Swiss ETA" model. I haven't heard back a reply yet. I sent him another email today on stock. I am hoping it just works, since I am a lucky guy... it probably will. Let's face it, it's the ULTIMATE BEST VERSION buddy.

I think you offended tan. He seems mad.

You mad tan?

Ronna: I could leave something with you. Collateral.

Todd: I already got a F'n Swatch.

Edited by WetWork

Good stuff, he'll get back to you in due course, any issues with the qc pics or just want opinions let the forum know, always question something if it looks off in qc pics, that's the time to do it, not after receiving the package, after that and all looks good then should be good to go. We are running into Chinese new year soon so hopefully it's approved and posted before that hits, or else there will be a delay in post getting to you but you'll still get it in time. You'll enjoy it!

Here's a good vid about the rep buying process, it comes from a mod on repgeek but still funny: (It's more applicable to rep enthusiasts trading between each other than the dealers but still funny...and so true)

nsfw

http://www.xtranorma...g-a-watch-on-rg

actually this is another good one:

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/8321990/how-not-to-buy-a-watch-from-our-dealers?page=2

:D

:D I hope I didn't offend you Tan, andrew is a fine dealer, I've no issues with him.

Edited by cougar1
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Am I right to conclude that the difference between these 2 reps mentioned below is the placement of the HE valve only?

http://v.yupoo.com/photos/trevorwatch/albums/4142135/

http://www.1-pc8838.com/omse00251-planet-ocean-ssss-asian-4813-28800-p-9574.html

Am debating whether I should just pay the extra $40.

PS: How is this version http://www.1-pc8838.com/0omse00051-planet-ocean-ssss-swiss2824-p-9522.html even with an Asian movement cost almost an extra $100? What are the differences?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Variables:

1'st watch = TR Watch (Trevor) - http://v.yupoo.com/p...albums/4142135/

3'rd watch = Perfect Clones (Joshua) - http://www.1-pc8838....824-p-9522.html

From what I have read on this thread, the 1'st and 3'rd ones you posted are the same watch. The price of the third one represents the "Swiss ETA" movement, if you look, you can remove that on the page, and choose the Asian ETA (clone) movement. This drops the price $50, to $268, which is still $80 more than the 1'st one (for the same watch.)

It seems that $80 get you better response time in emails (I have waited 2 days for a response to, "Do you have this in stock?" from the first site, and was answered right away at the third site. Third site did have it in stock.) Also, I was told this customer service extends past the correspondence level, to pre and post-sale, so you get what you pay for I guess.

In a nutshell, you can save some change if you go with TR-Watch (1'st) and save some aggravation if you go with Perfect Clones (3'rd)

Variables:

1'st watch = TR Watch (Trevor) - http://v.yupoo.com/p...albums/4142135/

3'rd watch = Perfect Clones (Joshua) - http://www.1-pc8838....824-p-9522.html

From what I have read on this thread, the 1'st and 3'rd ones you posted are the same watch. The price of the third one represents the "Swiss ETA" movement, if you look, you can remove that on the page, and choose the Asian ETA (clone) movement. This drops the price $50, to $268, which is still $80 more than the 1'st one (for the same watch.)

It seems that $80 get you better response time in emails (I have waited 2 days for a response to, "Do you have this in stock?" from the first site, and was answered right away at the third site. Third site did have it in stock.) Also, I was told this customer service extends past the correspondence level, to pre and post-sale, so you get what you pay for I guess.

In a nutshell, you can save some change if you go with TR-Watch (1'st) and save some aggravation if you go with Perfect Clones (3'rd)

Ah, I might just go with the 2nd (4813) considering this is my first Rep purchase, is the difference on the HE valve placement very obvious compared to the 3rd and 1st one?

Wetwork is right, the He valve is the same on all models you listed, the only difference is the movement. The DG4813 is just a cheaper chinese clone of a japanese myiota movement. Certain not as good as the jap movement and these cheaper asian 21j movement can be very hit and miss, some people have awful problems with them other people find them great...do a search on asian21j movements and you'll see. Personally I've never had an issue with them and they can be great workhorse movement. I have a shitttty tag heuer rep from 1997 bought on canal st in ny with a DG2813 movement that's still running fine :D

The casing is the same as the ETA PO, if you don't want to outlay a huge amount then go with the Dg4813. The asian eta clone @ $188 is cheap enough though not to be too stressed about the extra and you also have the option if you want to franken the watch in the future.

Just to clarify a little on the He valve-gate.......the only reason there was any mention of 'correct He valve' on Trevors post is that not so long ago there was a factory mess up and 'some' PO's were produced and released into the wild with a low positioned He valve, and a sort of oddly shaped crown....that issue seems to be resolved now and we are back to normal, however some dealers on some forums might have the old stock lying around. The thing is to reject any oddly shaped He position should you be unlucky enough to see an old one when you receive QC pics. Afaik for a while Trevor was one of the dealers who many went to to be sure they had the correct He and not one of the factory duds.

Edited by cougar1
  • Like 1

Hi cougar - can you tell me which rep you got your PO from. Puretime? It looks great!

I picked it up from a dealer known as replicamake...now no longer deals on the forums due to poor response to customers. The watches are all the same from any of the dealers, main thing is to find a dealer you want to deal with and check the qc pics thoroughly.

• Like 1

It would be sweet to get the cheapo one in the good case then buy a genuine ETA action and put it in. I have no idea how hard that would be, but since it's just a fantasy anyway... it's really easy.

Hey Cougar, why don't you get a profile pic.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7Trq6ZXIwp0/S1Pqb7DFIGI/AAAAAAAAASY/idUyN0lYmUo/s400/cougars.jpg

• Like 1

I just discovered these videos. I love that ! Even if I missed few sentences because my English is not perfect, it was a great moment of fun. And I'm afraid this is almost daily real for trusted dealers. Sometimes, your customers are so stupid you wish you could them after long and painful tortures...

Paul

• Like 1

It would be sweet to get the cheapo one in the good case then buy a genuine ETA action and put it in. I have no idea how hard that would be, but since it's just a fantasy anyway... it's really easy.

Hey Cougar, why don't you get a profile pic.

http://2.bp.blogspot...400/cougars.jpg

That's a cool profile pic :) , thanks! tbh I never even thought of one, must figure out how to put it in later. Just to add, don't think the cheapo one will take eta without some serious mods, slight differences to movement spacers inside the case and a few other very minor unnoticeable things, slightly different hand stack etc. The cheapo one is fine for a purchase out of the box without mods, any even slight mod such as gen crown later (which a lot of people recommend) then the eta or eta clone is the only way to go.

I just discovered these videos. I love that ! Even if I missed few sentences because my English is not perfect, it was a great moment of fun. And I'm afraid this is almost daily real for trusted dealers. Sometimes, your customers are so stupid you wish you could them after long and painful tortures...

Paul

Yep those vids are crude but funny and very true at times, the part about 'where's my tracking number' before even getting the post office is a rep forum classic :)

Thanks for sharing knowledge, WetWork and Cougar, I think i will go with the $188 Asian clone from Trevor.

Cheers!

No prob, probably the best option, hope things work out fine. It's Chinese NY pretty much at this stage (or soon) so there will be a delay with everything for a few weeks now. Plenty of time to read up on what other reps you want :D

Seeing as I leave today for a week, I just emailed Joshua again.

Before I could even post the message I was going to write, I had a response (like 1 minute.)

Honestly, the website of Trevor, coupled with the ZERO responses from Friday, Saturday & today (now Monday) pretty much sealed the deal that saving a few bucks isn't worth it. If it is this hard to get him to take money from me, I can only imagine what it would be like if there was a problem. I am picturing Trevor lying in a gutter, clutching a bottle of paint thinner as rickshaws wheel by; an armful of watches peeking out from underneath his shirt sleeve.

So between the time I started to write this, and now, I had to break for emails, work etc. I ordered the watch from Joshua about an hour ago. Yea, I paid a little more, but I have to say, the customer service so far is, like Cougar said, American eShop levels of any number of typical small businesses. Trevor needs to get with it, because I really wanted to buy from him (due to price.)

A web template is not that expensive, or difficult to implement. I looked this up on Google in like 30 seconds:

http://templates.ent...ds.asp?ke=watch

An email reply? That costs nothing, and it was the deciding factor in my purchase. I'm impatient to start with, but Friday, Saturday, Sunday and now Monday morning with no reply? That was killing me. Trevor, you're in China, being an enterprising young lad, acting as a middle-man to a counterfeit business; you have to be able to do your job for your "business" to survive, whether legit or not... "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm going to give it to 'em."

Cougar, to change your avatar go to the top right, click the drop down next to your name, choose PROFILE and mouse over your pic (or where it would be) click "change." That's it.

Edited by WetWork

Lol, you might be better off going with josh, he is quick isn't he :) In fairness to Trevor I think he is one of the very few dealers that maintains a trusted dealer status across all the main rep fora, so he must be doing something right.....what it is I don't know...tis the prices methinks.

Anyway good luck on your hols, you'll enjoy the watch when you receive it, btw cheers for the avatar :D

Update: the avatar doesn't seem to be changing for me, when it's done and it goes in it looks great, then it disappears again as soon as I leave my profile...ah I'll have a look at it later...maybe my cookies need refreshing or something.

Update again: Ah save to desktop and upload did the trick, direct link didn't work for me..cheers!

Edited by cougar1

I got a Po from Trevor, the service was fantastic up until payment, then a slight delay until Qc pics but they came soon enough after a prompting email, one or two further prompting emails and the watch was posted. A few days later it arrived, perfectly packaged and his QC pics are great. I would recommend him highly.

• Like 1

Well, like I said, I wanted to go with T-Bone, but I still haven't gotten a return email. I already spent enough time obsessing about this watch without another 4 or 5 days wait to get an email response to a simple question like, "Do you have this in stock?" We said before, this stuff is all sort of shady, for $80, I didn't want to add another facet to the already complex shape. On top that, if an email can't be answered in a timely fashion, what should I expect for shipping? Probably more delays. Then you throw Chinese New Year on. Nah, I just want the thing with the least amount of hassle and a much security as one could expect.

I'm not saying this to put the guy down, just my take on the purchase process today that may help others.

Edited by WetWork