When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help for buy omega planet ocean!

Guest tolis

As I'm currently going through the same process in order to get hands on a PO Chrono I'll just share my experience so far.

Due to the recommendations on this forum (& RWG) I've choosen Trusty for my first purchase of a rep.

I've contacted Andrew first via email in order to know if the desired pieces (2 watches + 1 PO rubber strap) are availabe.

I received his positive reply within 5 hours. My second mail was regarding the payment methods offered, received a reply within 2 hours.

After the payment I've just sent him a notice and received two payment confirmations within 1 hour (one automated and one personal from him).

His response times so far are excellent and as these are my first "professional" reps, I care more about the service than over the price.

So I finally got a reply from Trevor, but the reply was a request to wait until after his Chinese New Year holiday. His English isn't nearly as good as Joshua's, so I could see where there could be a language barrier if that matters to anyone in their transaction. I understand the timing is not great on this transaction from their perspective, but somehow Joshua is "getting it done."

I got my QC pictures from Joshua at Perfect Clones, and they look great. There is a bunch of them. I wanted to put up one for Cougar to comment on, because I am far from an expert.

ImageDeposit_dot_com_FREE_Hosting_BIG_UserID_197811_Image_number_1B68153F1B.jpg

• Like 1

I'll get back with a little more detailed reply in a bit as in a rush :) Watch looks great on first look, everything in the right place :) ....good He position, markers straight, best logo cut I've seen in a while, also pearl seems pretty damn good, a little low maybe but well centered and as good as you'll get. Watch looks good, if you want you can PM me the link to the other pics and I can go through them in a bit more detail later on...I know Josh asks not to post pics on the forums. Don't worry too much about that :)

Also just to add, qc pics usually look a little bland as above, so don't worry if a watch looks a bit drab in comparison to some of the magazine quality photos you'll see forumites put up for some reviews. Qc is really just to see if everything is in the right place place.

• Like 1

Well I wasn't going to post them because of his email, but if not posting them is just a formality, and since it looks like a great rep, he probably, secretly, WANTS me to post them.

Cougar, I noticed there may be an ever so slight discrepancy in the pearl placement, or it could be the angle of the picture. What I did focus on was that on the "watch-o-meter" or whatever that machine is called that measures the beats, shows the watch is only off by a fraction. 1 second a day lost; I have seen posts where GEN's are losing comparatively much more than that. Pearl placement possibly off by a smidge isn't as important actual function to me.

post-41881-0-93785700-1326831109.jpg

post-41881-0-39482300-1326831181.jpg

post-41881-0-55894300-1326831346.jpg

post-41881-0-60129600-1326831413.jpg

post-41881-0-89017600-1326831473.jpg

Yep it's best to accept that one :) I had a look at the other pics, been a busy day but got a good look in anyway, honestly there wasn't much to say other than "accept", everything looks fine. I wouldn't worry about the slightly recessed pearl, that's as good as you can get. There's no perfect rep pearl and with these version 5 PO's they've improved but they still are either slightly recessed or slightly protruding, I'd rather have the slightly recessed version as it is less obvious than the other. When I first looked at the pics I thought the crown was slightly domed, but on a relook it has a sticker on it...it is fine.

Also the timing, yes reps range from anything from -30 secs pd to +30 secs pd. That one looks perfect...don't expect it to be exactly within cosc or anything as they don't do that to reps :) and there will be slight variation in real life conditions compared to the timing machine but that looks as good as you could wish for. Don't usually worry about timing anyway as they are easy enough to regulate yourself with a bit of practise, I'd never reject anything on timing unless it was severally off.

Enjoy! :D

Thanks again for all your help Cougar. In this nearly month long watch hunt, I almost made several errors & mistakes. I went from one website to the next reading their schtick. I think the one I came closest to buying was from Watch Solution. At that time I was looking at the 300M. This is the particular one that I was debating about.

http://www.watchsolution.com/omega-replica-watches/gmt-seamaster-40mm-01.html

In the end, the lack of web site information and uniformity, and the PRICE took them right out of the running, since you can find a GEN 300M used for about $1,300 if your patient (I have see 2 on Ebay in the last 2 weeks for that from actual brick and mortar storefronts), vs. $519 for the :inverted: Swiss ETA version of this REP watch, which I understand is the GMT version, but still.

Now that I look back, that same REP watch can be found for close to half that. That REP is not refined to the point that the PO is, which is why I chose this particular model after talking to you. It is easy to pick out the 300M family as REP's, and that is not what I want to spend several hundred dollars on. I am happy with this vendor (Joshua - Perfect Clones) and it is right now, one of the few things I regret buying, after buying it. BTW that list is about 10 items long in my lifetime.

I can't wait to get it, and give some feedback of myself and others of the genuine article in person.

This model he said he had in stock. That was one of the other reasons I went with him during the Chinese New Year. I don't remember if he gave me an estimate on delivery time in the emails we have been exchanging, but I have dealt with EMS shipping before from Asia, and they are really fast. I wouldn't be surprised if it got there before I do on Saturday. Plus it's going to "time travel" 14 hours backwards as it cuts against the time zones. It's 7:30 am (GMT -6) where I live now & 9:30 pm (GMT +8) where the watch left from.

Edited by WetWork

WetWork (love the name btw),

I was in the same exact boat you were in with trying to find the right watch, and more importantly the right dealer. All I can say is thank God for this forum.

I know Cougar mentioned my problem with the crown on the PO I received in one of the replies above. But I bought from Andrew and Trusty Time and dispite the issue, he has been awesome so far. First off, Cougar is right on the money in saying that the QC photos make the watch look a little "bland". I think it's because everything around the watch is white and brightly lit, I don't know. But they don't do the watch justice. When mine arrived, it was absolutely beautiful. I really didn't want to send it back.

I did a lot of reading on the forum and I chose Andrew. However, I could have just as easily gone with Josh. They basically do business the same way and I'm even told they are friends. Andrew's communication has been outstanding, and I received the watch 7 days after I ordered it, which amazed me. And he didn't hesitate at all to fix the problem I was having with the watch. I sent it back to him a few days ago but it hasn't arrived there yet. I don't expect to have any issues with the repair/replacement. In fact, I was so pleased with how Andrew does business that I ordered two more watches from him before the first one was even fixed. I got the QC pics for the second two watches the next day and the day after that they were shipped. I'm expecting them any day.

Once I get all three watches back, I plan to write Andrew a glowing review. I'm also planning on writing a through review on each watch.

I don't think I'd buy from anyone but Andrew or Josh. Not because there aren't other good dealers, but once you've found the best, why go anywhere else?

• Like 1

Hello to all and thank you - very informative. I too have recently acquired a PO from Trevor (v happy with it). This is my first rep.

I have now also gone for this from puretime

http://www.puretimew...er-strap-a2813/

Both watches claim to be 50m waterproof. I swim a lot and was curious to know if they could brave the water or are better left on land? - (Apologies, a quick search seems to reveal some work is required before it is a true master of the wet)

Also, it's too late now but on the latter de ville, is longevity simply a lottery?

Thanks for your time.

Edited by bankey-towers

I'd say when it comes to reps, never take the waterproof claims at face value, always recheck and get your own tests and mods done if necessary to be certain. Tbh, imho all reps are generally best kept out of water altogether, just too many variables when it comes to reps. Saying that, there are plenty of threads across the forums where people have been happy with the proofing out of the box just don't rely on it.

The deville, can't say much on its accuracy compared to gen, but a2813 (asian21j) are generally decent workhorse movements, for the price they are sometimes worth just winging it, usually if they do fail then the idea is to just replace the whole movement with another rather than trying to repair. a21j are a strange beast, some hate them and have no luck, I find that if they get through the first month without any issues then they'll probably last 10 years :D

• Like 1

Just seeing your last post on page 3 now wetwork, no probs the forums are here to help. Keep us posted how it goes and let us know how you find it. Next thing now is you'll be modding it :D

You mentioned as-well about almost buying off a typical scam site, I think almost everyone here has had a similar experience and either were lucky enough to find the forums before proceeding or as they say, once bitten, twice shy. There are so many of them and their shtick is so believable it is almost hard to resist on a first encounter. I particularly love the way they put up gen photos at times, stick the site logo on and you'd think you were in heaven with the offerings for $500. It's such a shame they exist, they bring the rep game down to a really petty level. I do wonder sometimes when I encounter some of the more extreme anti-rep watch enthusiasts on gen sites if they've been victims of some of these sites. I'd imagine quite a few never found the forums!

Vandal, what site dies Andrew belong to? Do you have the link to the watch you got?

I actually spotted a fake Rolex today at a business meeting and called it out. It was pretty funny, because it was a low quality rep. He didn't care because the guy makes a great deal of money, but also does many overseas deals, in very questionable places, so I can see the REP in his situation.

Then at a later meeting, I saw an orange bezeled PO that I didn't get a good look at. I mentioned it was a $4,000 watch; which was news to his boss, who was right there. He got a few looks after that, and the watch never really came out to play that anyone could see it.

I am very thankful for the forum. Like I said, it saved my butt!

... So, I go to a meeting with my boss, wearing my orange PO rep that I bought from Josh a few weeks ago and then out of nowhere some guy, dirty 'lil f*, calls it out right in front of my boss.

And I was like dude, whacha doing?!! And he goes: yeah nice 4000 USD watch you have there, mate! And I was like: dude stop it, and kicking him under the table. And he goes: yeah really expensive, you gotta make a fortune with that lil job of yours. Can you believe it? All that right before I was gonna ask for promotion and tell my boss how my family needed the money with the new baby and the mortgage and the sick cat and all ...

• Like 1

... So, I go to a meeting with my boss, wearing my orange PO rep that I bought from Josh a few weeks ago and then out of nowhere some guy, dirty 'lil f*, calls it out right in front of my boss.

And I was like dude, whacha doing?!! And he goes: yeah nice 4000 USD watch you have there, mate! And I was like: dude stop it, and kicking him under the table. And he goes: yeah really expensive, you gotta make a fortune with that lil job of yours. Can you believe it? All that right before I was gonna ask for promotion and tell my boss how my family needed the money with the new baby and the mortgage and the sick cat and all ...

Now thats a story with a message. Better get a TIMEX if you want that raise :bangin:

Vandal, what site dies Andrew belong to? Do you have the link to the watch you got?

I actually spotted a fake Rolex today at a business meeting and called it out. It was pretty funny, because it was a low quality rep. He didn't care because the guy makes a great deal of money, but also does many overseas deals, in very questionable places, so I can see the REP in his situation.

Then at a later meeting, I saw an orange bezeled PO that I didn't get a good look at. I mentioned it was a $4,000 watch; which was news to his boss, who was right there. He got a few looks after that, and the watch never really came out to play that anyone could see it.

One might question whether your butt DESERVES to be saved at all!!.....If you get your rocks off calling folks out on their watches, you're most likely a "force fit" into OUR community!!

Andrew runs Trusty time (www.yourtrustytime.com). I wasn't sure which watch you meant, so I linked all three:

Planet Ocean 42mm Orange Bezel:

http://www.yourtrust...roducts_id=7064

Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller:

http://www.yourtrust...roducts_id=6579

Panerai PAM 177 Titanium:

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_49&products_id=8784

I've got a few more I'm going to buy in the near future, but I'm going to get settled in with these first. I almost bought a gen Tag Aquaracer 500M, and I've heard the rep is very nice, so that will probably be my next purchase. I also like the IWC Top Gun and Portuguese Chrono.

As for getting called out, I honestly couldn't care less. I look at it like this, I was actually researching the PO to purchase a gen. I was on WUS forum and I ran across a thread in the "Omega Fake Busters" section. Someone had posted a picture of the UPO up there and no one on the forum could believe it was fake. I asked myself why I was buying a real PO for $4500 when a $330 rep was almost indistinguishable. The rep came with a reliable swiss ETA movement, and looked identical to the real watch. I'm not a diver and even if I was, I would buy a good Seiko to knock around doing that, not a $4500 Omega.

And yes, I get it. The Omega is the real deal. It's perfect and beautiful and will last forever with the right care. I could pass it on as an heirloom. And if I was a wealthier man there's no doubt I'd go that way. I almost bought a gen anyway. But if they're going to make a rep that is so close to the gen at a small fraction of the price, I can't see the sense in spending the extra.

I mean I could buy 13 reps for the cost of one gen. Thirteen!

Or... I could buy 1 PO rep, 1 Rolex DSSD rep, 1 PAM 177 rep, 1 Tag Aquaracer 500M rep, 1 IWC Top Gun rep, 1 IWC Portuguese Chrono rep, a few bottles of 18 year old Macallan Scotch, a case of Cuban cigars and still have enough left over to buy a used car!

I think we can all agree that no matter how nice the Omega Planet Ocean is, it's over priced. I was talking to an Omega AD a few weeks ago, and he told me that Omega is reducing the number of AD's in order to make Omega a more exclusive brand. It's marketing strategy. They are raising the brand value without increasing the product's quality. Are you really getting $4500 worth of value when you buy the gen PO? I'd argue that you are not. Especially when you can put an identical looking watch on your wrist for $330.

I've owned reps before. I have a Tag Grand Carrera 17, a U-Boat "Thousands of Feet" Chrono, a Bell & Ross BR03-93 and a Breitling Chronomat. I got all 4 of these watches in Bahrain. With the exception of the Breitling, they are good quality reps but they all have quartz movements. Is that bad? I don't know. Anyone who knows anything about watches can almost immediately see that they are not automatic movements. But I'll say this, they all have kept perfect time for more than 2 years. And all 4 cost me less than $300. I've been complimented several times on the B&R and the U-Boat. Average people don't know those brands and the watches look unique.

Anyway, my point is, if someone were to call me out for wearing a replica watch I'd freely and proudly admit it. They are unarguably nice watches. The PO I bought is absolutely beautiful. It looks and feels like the real thing. Even if it doesn't last and I have to replace it every year, I could go more than 13 years before I finally paid as much as a gen. I'm sure that in those 13 years something newer and better will come out that I will want more anyway.

Edited by vandal.tbh
  • Like 1

LOL, yea, he's a VP at a fortune 500 company. I'm pretty sure his cat gets better medical attention than most people. I'm sure his PO was real, so I'm not sure why it is any business of Frankt what I do in my business, but whatever. The thread had been active for two weeks and he never contributed anything to it until now. Just for the record, you didn't do anything to save my butt, Cougar did. I don't know what a "force fit" is, I guess I'm not cool enough.

Thanks for the reply Vandal, I'll give you a proper response later, but my plane is about to take off.