When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Very interesting "Daytona" Case

Ephry73

Can someone tell me which one is NOT the one I wanted?

I received this case as a Daytona case for a Lemania movement, and it is obviously not for it, more like for a 7750 movement or perhaps a Poljot movement( I have ideas already) but the freaking bezel is all wrong. I was so excited to start a second Daytona project, with a white Newman Dial(the Dial is spot on!) but now I have to wait.

DSC_0002-4.jpg

DSC_0004-2.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

Guest zeleni kukuruz

That case has been going to the gym probebly for a few years!

@E

You have so much projects going on and your all over the place, sourcing parts, cases ect ect i think its better to calm down and focus on one project and finish it. Getting wrong parts (this case) at this time it costs money everything costs money in the end and it dosent matter if it was cheap its useless so your just building a pile of [censored]. Do you understand m8?

That case has been going to the gym probebly for a few years!

I hear you!

@E

You have so much projects going on and your all over the place, sourcing parts, cases ect ect i think its better to calm down and focus on one project and finish it. Getting wrong parts (this case) at this time it costs money everything costs money in the end and it dosent matter if it was cheap its useless so your just building a pile of [censored]. Do you understand m8?

I hear you on that one. However, I have come to find that when an opportunity comes in, you must grab it quick! This case was no cost as a sample. The bezel is wrong and I feel that if the bezel were better, or correct, it would not be a bad thing. A poljot or 7750(with rotor) movement would fit in there with no issues.

I'm sending it back for corrections, but has potential.

Cannot disclose the source of the case at this point.

One the other hand, how about a group buy of DW's stock?(no, this case is not from DW)

E

HAHAHA I was told to just send it back. Part of me(the hoarder side of me that is) wants to keep it just to see if it will fit a 7750 or poljot movement correctly.

Speaking of a lot of projects, here's my new member of the family ;)

Aged the case and insert a little bit and will wear it out as my "mule" watch.

ETA 2783 movement, aged Yuki hands to match the dial lume. Raffles 3-6-9 dial with script removed(originally wanted to build a 6200) will change a few things and thin the case out just to see. Yes, the protective film is still on the crystal

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

E

That case was intended to house a 21j faux chrono.Years ago I purchased one w/ a vintage Daytona dial & pushers that change day/date only. It's 40mm, 20mm lugs unlike a vintage daytona which is 38mm w/ 19mm lugs. I had the dial redone in all white/silver, put a jubilee bracelet on it...It looks like a steroidal vintage Daytona...Regards, mcotter