When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Frustrated and Bloody ANGRY! Errrrrrrr

greekgod

Guys I have to vent it out.. all the interesting threads from the past either don't work or none of the pictures can be seen!!!!!!!! I am trying to do my research and gain knowledge but it just wont happen. I was checking out Pugwash's "How to photograph watches" and I cant see any pictures.... well not much of a help in Photography section if one cant see the photographs!! Likewise with most of the threads which are the building blocks of this forum. Some of the older members have put in their sweat and blood and written great posts but seems like in vein. Is there a way around it? Are the mods doing something about it??

:angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: FARK!

I think you would notice when you talk to noobs or someone who has been on the forum for a while and has a recently acquired taste for another brand of watch that we are missing a lot of our treasured stuff. One tries to learn more and digs deep into the past threads most gone.

I am not sure but if the member who originally wrote the thread may be contacted and perhaps they keep a copy as word/pdf file with pics attached? May be these files can be uploaded to many available storage sites as cloud and their download link could be provided in the post.

If a thread is there, but pics are missing, the problem is with the pics &/or the pic hosting service. Your only option is to contact the pic hosting service to see if they are down. However, in most cases, either the pics got deleted or the user's account was deleted. So I am not sure there is much you can do about it.

If the post comes up in a search, but you get an error in place of the thread (you cannot see any messages within the thread), then the thread was likely lost during 1 of the system upgrades. And, again, if it is lost, it is lost. While we feel your pain, we are all in the same boat.