When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Mark XVI Replica Review, 3255

chrgod

AR is not great but clear, i could maybe live with this if it was not for the fact that i Visit Uwe every few weeks and i can simply drop it of for his ausome AR so that will proberbly get done as well

I'm trying to make sense of the standard AR quality. Is it clear or does it have a blue tint to it? How good does it reduce reflections? And how does it compare to the gen? Does the gen have double AR and is it as purple as the 3717?

Maybe you or Chrgod can do some AR pics to top this great post of? :tu:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My one looks pretty good, clear AR, probably not as strong as gen as usual but I haven't seen the gen so can't compare, Andy or Chrod will update on that. Definitely not blue or purple tint as 3717, it's refreshing for a change to have some more clearer AR from the factories. Getting it re AR'd would probably improve the transparency effect, it is slightly 'cloudy' is the only way I could describe it out of the box. It is pretty good though, not a bad attempt! I know this doesn't really help but thought I'd try anyway :)

My one looks pretty good, clear AR, probably not as strong as gen as usual but I haven't seen the gen so can't compare, Andy or Chrod will update on that. Definitely not blue or purple tint as 3717, it's refreshing for a change to have some more clearer AR from the factories. Getting it re AR'd would probably improve the transparency effect, it is slightly 'cloudy' is the only way I could describe it out of the box. It is pretty good though, not a bad attempt! I know this doesn't really help but thought I'd try anyway :)

Much appreciated my friend. I does ad to the picture in my head ;)

The gen does have a blue hue of some kind if I'm not mistaking.

phuppimageqf.jpg

My Mark XVI has been at Domi for the last months. Fixing the movement and new AR-coating on the Crystal as well. Will update when it gets back. I had to buy another IWC to satisfy the itching wrist. :)