When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM252 relume job

Yangui

I think peraonally Domi is an excellent Watch Maker! Now I know nothimg about his lume work,

Or maybe he has an assistant try to lume it! I would think a Wartch Maker od his stature would have much steadier hands that this works shows!

Bottomline, He either owes you a new dial or a new clock period ! Don't worry Domi can afford

The loss! :)

Cheers,

MM

a lot of [censored] in the thread -

not a single modder is perfect !

over the years i saw work from about every modder that came (and most of the time went missing after a few month ;) .

some watches are fell in pieces when i was holding them - some lumejobs from very famous modderes looked much worse that this one -

i dont really want to put names here - or i will get some PM bombs again :huh:

these are reps - build together mostly with shitty parts - if its a painted dial - just forget reluming or stop starring at macro shots !

cheers,

Frank

Edited by Star69

There are pretenders and there are the real deal. People that call themselves watchmakers range from the best to morons who want to make a few bucks.

Zig is the top, best, longest, most professional, most diligent, most personally committed to his work, hands down the best available. Is he infallible ? No, but, he would never let a dial like that out of his hands.

Re speaking up: it's important. For many years people feared speaking up and people like RBJ continued to screw people because people like me didn't speak up- when I was new.

If your too picky, the crowd will let you know.

If you think the painting is impressive, if you knew what he did in his career :) it would really impress the hell out of you :)

There are pretenders and there are the real deal. People that call themselves watchmakers range from the best to morons who want to make a few bucks.

Zig is the top, best, longest, most professional, most diligent, most personally committed to his work, hands down the best available. Is he infallible ? No, but, he would never let a dial like that out of his hands.

Re speaking up: it's important. For many years people feared speaking up and people like RBJ continued to screw people because people like me didn't speak up- when I was new.

If your too picky, the crowd will let you know.

If you think the painting is impressive, if you knew what he did in his career :) it would really impress the hell out of you :)

Zig is a little over the top if it somebody critics his work :balloon: this is what i dont like ;)

and how he intervents right away here is not very gentemen ;) imho

here is an example that is "not so perfect" : http://www.rwg.cc/to...__fromsearch__1

is RBJ still around ? under an other nick maybe ?

as for this topic - i know that Domis work here is far from perfect ;) BUT - he orders/ordered a new dial for his customer to make it up ....

(which I whould not have done - but im not an modder - im sure this dial whould look ok when mounted in the watch)

Domi is not an pretender - he is a full time skilled watchmaker - thats all i know.

cheers,

Frank

Edited by Star69

here is an example that is "not so perfect" : http://www.rwg.cc/to...__fromsearch__1

This is yet an example of how skilled he is. The 12~15 diving ring part is completely doted with lume. Dot by dot. He did a write up about this method one time and that's craftsmanship to the extreme. Look how perfect those numbers still look.

Anyway I do agree that some people need to stop with the macro's and 10x loups. These are reps and aftermarket modding will never look on par with a genuine. In this case the only thing that is worth mentioning is the lume application of the 12 hour marker IMHO.

just sent him an e-mail :

"Hey Domimaus - mach mal die 2 und 6 neu - sieht zum kotzen aus - thschuessi! "

im sure its an easy fix ...

Frank, the only easy fix is a new dial...case closed! ;)

It's not a bad job, it's a terrible job..

So wake up Frank... You should no better!

MM

I didn't say this dude is a pretender, I was actually calling out RBJ as I will to the end of the universe as a pretender. - I also agree that people can be to picky. I didn't respond the first time I read this thread. I waited to evaluate it again making sure I wasn't being to critical. But upon thinking about it and letting time pass I decided that this was inappropriate to send back to a client and hope they don't notice. Do you know what kind of crap would be handed out by the forum for someone trying to sell this at a premium due to the relume?

Idont think it's inappropriate for The Zigmeister To comment early or late. The thread was put up to discuss if the mod was done right or wrong. If this dial was mailed back as a finished product? Then this modder turned in his homework. This hasn't been claimed as an oversight, he had a chance to fix it with his customer and sent it back, the modder can not hope his client doesn't notice, or IF he notices that there is a problem he gets a few days to make a deal to fix it. This promotes bad behavior. And playing the odds. If you can't be professional and deliver the services advertised don't take the business.

RBJ screwed me cause I was a noob. When a thread popped up it was discovered that douche screwed lots of people. Lots of me too, but I didn't want to say anything.

If the poster was inappropriate in his concern, we would have said so. I guarantee. It would be inappropriate to withhold comment and allow this to go on. Not only as a modder who has lasted more than 99.99% of all members in this community, but also as a senior member of the community. Is he perfect? No. None of us are. But, that's not what the thread is about. - even if The Zigmeister had many issues, he can comment, and we take his comment in perspective just like you evaluate anyone here's comment. So we can go fishing for controversial threads about The Zigmeister or we can deal with the issue at hand. I think we should stick to the subject. Maybe I raised the bar with my comment. However, I have gotten to know the man personally over the last 7 yrs - 7yrs I know about his life, I know about his profession, I have worked with him on a few watch projects. I know the way the man thinks and I know the way the man works. In fact while working on a watch of mine an issue came up. However, instead of sending it back, he emailed me the night it happened and we discussed how to proceed. And it is from that place that I made those comments. I'm not sure there are 10 other active members here who had the pleasure of more interaction with him. I felt comfortable making those comments.

I am very happy the customer is getting a new dial. But, this isn't a watch trade gone bad and I think people who offer services as approved board providers are held to a higher standard. I'm not saying get the pitchforks, but, if your offering services under the umbrella of the board, you should at all times be Able to justify your actions in public. That includes myself when I made pens. I hold myself to the same standards as I believe other providers be held. So lets all chaulk this up to lessons learned and move forward wiser than we came in :)

the pic is a shot from Domis workbench - do i dont think the dial was shipped like this -

anyway - i answerd already the mighty The Zigmeistermasters PM that i think he is one of the good guys :)

but even he is not perfect - see my example - i think the of the bezel ring - imho the watch is not wearable like this ;)

all in all im happy that N+H factory put SL now on the dials :)

cheers,

Frank

Edited by Star69

the pic is a shot from Domis workbench - do i dont think the dial was shipped like this -

anyway - i answerd already the mighty The Zigmeistermasters PM that i think he is one of the good guys

but even he is not perfect - see my example - i think the of the bezel ring - imho the watch is not wearable like this

all in all im happy that N+H factory put SL now on the dials

cheers,

Frank

I totally agree. I like double AR so, I have the stock scrapped, but it is much better than what it used to be. The straps are even decent now. I think it's all preference. They definitely come stock ready to wear.

Wow I missed a few posts here.

As a matter of fact the watch is still with Domi. He ordered a replacement dial but was delivered a black one instead of cobalt blue. So he ordered another one.

To be honest this relume job is pretty crappy and I posted this thread to be sure my eyes weren't (noob) fooling me.

Zeigmeister just got a bit carried over when talking about fixing the dial and I'm sure he knows perfectly what can be done. Mainly the lume was spilled over the dial and if i understand well it's a bit corrosive.

However, considering Domi's reputation I thought he might have had a bad moment when doing this. Nobody's perfect. So I let him do the rest of the mods (CG replacement, rotating bezel fix, pinion mod) to have a clear picture of how he manages the job. I just don't like to condemn someone based solely on one weakness.

I will post the result when I get it back, soon I hope.

All this time seeing Z's avatar and I never knew it was his own drawing/painting.

A multi-talented fellow.

And this thread just points out that talented watch technicians are not always talented lume artists. Maybe someone is a highly skilled mechanical artisan but needs practice on their brush work. No shame in this.

Just know a particular modders strong and weak points then hire them accordingly.

Ok just noticed Zigmeister deleted all his posts ... I just don't understand ...

Why does it have to degenerate like this? Domi did a poor job on this, Zig brought his expertise on the matter.

I feel very sorry to have this thread gone as a flame to anyone, especially when trying to help me.