When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

cyclops positioning - rolex, tudor?

hackR

having read quite a few posts - especially one of justin's chrono tudor build, i have a question on the proper positioning of the cyclops on both rolex and tudor date models...mike set my cyclops on my Tudor build, and it looks great...

from what i see, the tudor cyclops appears to be set closer the crystal edge and toward the right side of the date window...rolex is more toward the left of the window...either way, i'm just not sure and wonder what is the proper positioning?...i'm not sure of differences between the setting of the cyclops between rolex and tudor either...thought the placement was to maximize the "fill" of the date in the cyclops?

if someone can describe it and/or share pictures, that would be a great help and appreciated...

thanks...

"from what i see, the tudor cyclops appears to be set closer the crystal edge and toward the right side of the date window...rolex is more toward the left of the window"

The center of the date window on a rolex is about 9mm off the dial center and an Eta tudor is about 10mm off center.

Far as I know all rolex 1530 base date movements use the same datewheels with the same offset.

All 1530 base no date and date dials should interchange. Calendar spacer rings may be different. Center wheel and canon pinions may be different.

All 3035/3135 date wheels are the same offset far as I know.

All 3035 (date) dials and hands will fit a 3135.

No date cal 3000 hands and dial foot location are same as 3035/3135.

At least it should be. ;) It never ceases to amaze me how askew cyclops can look according to the angle of the watch.

+1...which really led me to the question...a lot of ambiguity in pix due to angles...thought it would be centered, but needed to ask the experts!...thanks, guys...