When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Two new babies at home... Daytona 6263, and 6239 !

Valty

Those pics are pretty darn good Valty! Especially when I can look at the two movements and see that there is a difference between two of the same part- a minute repeater jumper- #8270- your 726 has the later style jumper w/ two screws and the earlier watch has the jumper w/ one screw. Valjoux made changes to these watches thru the years- also the balances are different as are the pivoted detent bridges (the 'L' shaped bridge at 10 o'clock). And of course, you found the hand sizes slightly different. Just like our rep world, things are always changing.

Great job!

Those pics are pretty darn good Valty! Especially when I can look at the two movements and see that there is a difference between two of the same part- a minute repeater jumper- #8270- your 726 has the later style jumper w/ two screws and the earlier watch has the jumper w/ one screw. Valjoux made changes to these watches thru the years- also the balances are different as are the pivoted detent bridges (the 'L' shaped bridge at 10 o'clock). And of course, you found the hand sizes slightly different. Just like our rep world, things are always changing.

Great job!

Good eye for sure. Great to know as well.

E

• 2 months later...

Speaking of hands and hand sizes, where does one source the best set of hands for these vintage Daytonas? Particularly the large chrono seconds hand?

E

I personally only buying hands from DW, they are pretty good in general ;)

Little tip : just buy 2 sets for 1 watch, there is sometimes problems of bent with the chrono seconds hands, it's better to have replacement just in case :)

I personally only buying hands from DW, they are pretty good in general ;)

Little tip : just buy 2 sets for 1 watch, there is sometimes problems of bent with the chrono seconds hands, it's better to have replacement just in case :)

Thanks. I dipped the seconds chrono hand in a bit of lume to try and I like it. I don't care if its correct or not :)

I would still like to get the correct handset for the final build stage.

E

• 2 years later...

HI  There  , Need  help ,  I waht to know the size of the stem for  726  to fit in  PHong's  case ,   my movement came with  the Certina D2  is a bit too long to fit in  so   may you able to help