When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bought a DRSD with a 2846 - it keeps terrible time

Anakone

I picked up a DRSD from tswisstime. It was sold as having a 2836, but when I opened it up it was a 2846. It keeps atrociously bad time. When I got it, it was gaining over a minute a day. I tried to regulate it a little bit but it basically either runs extremely fast or extremely slow with even the slightest movement of the regulator screw.

Henry @ tswisstime offered to swap a 2836 in to it, but that means I have to send it back to China and wait. Is there anyone I can send this to that can service it? The watch is decent otherwise, but I can't deal with a watch that is this inaccurate.

Ok one question and one statement

Question, can you post a photo of this 2846 with a regualator screw as the 2846 does not have one (or to put it another way i have never seen one with a regulator screw)

statement, a 2846 is a far better movement for a DRSD as it has a slower beat more like the gen

It's not a regulator screw but a lever...was using the term generically.

I realize the 2846 is probably the better movement. It's nickel plated and has an ETA stamp but I realize that probably means nothing. Any advice on where to get this serviced?

I'm a bit irritated that it was advertised as a 2836. It also said it had a unidirectional bezel and actually has a bidirectional one that is fairly "gritty". Overall not very satisfied with this purchase.

DRSD gen has a bi-directional bezel I'm pretty sure.

You'd be better off getting that movement serviced than sending it back to China and hoping it comes back better. Particularly if it's one you plan on keeping.

One of my gen 2836-2's sounds like yours. When it's low on power reserve it runs slow and when you fully wind it, it runs fast. It took me a week of trying to adjust it to figure that one out. Only thing to help it is a servicing.