When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A small tribute to my Chopard MM GTXXL LE

slask111

I just wanted to share my love for this watch. I got it from my dude sixx a couple of weeks ago and im in love with it. Sixx is tha man!

It has the Valgranes movement and is serviced by a well known member on the forum. I know this watch is hard to get from the dealers today, the A7750 is avalible but not the Valgranes one.

The reps i wear is usualy of less known brands. And no Hublots, AP etc cause they are to expensive irl. I would like to wear my watch in public without ppl screaming "fake".

I just have to say that this watch is awsome. Its big, loud and ppl really notice it. I normaly wear a Ebel 1911 (black) as a daily beater but no one notice that.. but this one is another story. At work ALOT of ppl are into watches.. and wearing this has led to a few new members here...

Anyways.. if you find a good deal on this watch.. get it! It wont be around for much longer!

Sry for the quality of the pics, its from my Galaxy S2. I had to sell my Canon GX9 to get more watches ;)

2011-11-26%25252014.22.32.jpg2011-11-26%25252014.19.55.jpg

2011-11-26%25252014.21.57.jpg

CameraZOOM-20111124161718288.jpg

CameraZOOM-20111121154646521.jpg

P.s

If you are thinking of wearing this with a suit... forget it. It wont fit under the shirt. Told you.. Its loud!

Edited by slask111

nice Slask...i have the same one with aftermarket lume...funny thing is i can't seem to find a strap i like with it...

but - it is an interesting watch - and one that many people notice...for whatever reason, i get more compliments with this one than many of my others...in Upstate NY, many people wear large/loud department store pieces (Macy's and the like)...i think that's part of the reason people compliment this one - they think its one of them...lol...

nice Slask...i have the same one with aftermarket lume...funny thing is i can't seem to find a strap i like with it...

but - it is an interesting watch - and one that many people notice...for whatever reason, i get more compliments with this one than many of my others...in Upstate NY, many people wear large/loud department store pieces (Macy's and the like)...i think that's part of the reason people compliment this one - they think its one of them...lol...

I have to agree. It doesnt look expensive, just.. cool. I have a friend that has a GANT watch that looks similar to this. No AR or something like that but it sure looks alot like this. Dont like it ;)

I have now tried with the original rubber, an aftermarket tan strap and the rep brown strap is in the mail on its way to me. I agree i havent found the perfect strap for it yet. The good news is that the watch look great on any strap :)

Edited by slask111

Thats a great watch...

This is my favorite CHOPARD...sporting an unique one of the kind chimera movement of the asian a07.211 Valgrange -clone + genuine 7750 ETA parts..put together by Domi

grankengtxxlhornback.jpg

frankenmovement.jpg

Chopards do stand out..In a very good way I might add....and you could not have done business with a better member than SIxx.

Maybe you can take some pics with some of your strap choices...Im not crazy about tire thread design. Outside of that I love the watch.

Congratulations on a handsome watch Slask. :drinks:

Mike

Some pics with the rep chopard strap. Sourced from Mary who was helpfull in finding this strap in 23mm.

The leather is a bit hard compared to my 25$ tan strap i bought earlier. But the color and buckle sure makes up for it. Love the look now.

post-14435-0-59543400-1324145542.jpg

post-14435-0-50483300-1324145551.jpg

post-14435-0-86733700-1324145560.jpg

post-14435-0-10201700-1324145869.jpg

Edited by slask111

Thanks for the pics Slask. I have had a few very stiff straps over the years..what i do is massage leather conditioner Into the leather. I have had very good results by doing this.

Just remember to use a high quailty leather conditioner...should make the strap nice and soft.

Nice look for the Chopard btw. :)

Mike

Hello,

I am very new to this forum, and I am looking for the exact watch you discussed on the forum.

Your review and pictures were awesome.

It looks absolutely stunning, and I would like to get the same one.

Could you please tell me where you got it from?

I am afraid that I could get a bad rep otherwise...

I am in the US.

Thank you and happy holidays.

Arno

Hello,

I am very new to this forum, and I am looking for the exact watch you discussed on the forum.

Your review and pictures were awesome.

It looks absolutely stunning, and I would like to get the same one.

Could you please tell me where you got it from?

I am afraid that I could get a bad rep otherwise...

I am in the US.

Thank you and happy holidays.

Arno

Here you go..Im pretty sure this is the same watch.... one of RWG's most trusted dealers. :)

Open link...then close it...then open it again if necessary.

http://www.1-pc8838....211-p-4295.html

Mike

Thank you Mike for the link.

Is it worth the almost $500 asking price for this rep?

If so, then I believe it will be mine this week. :-)

Complete newbie here, so I will defer to the pros judgement here.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Cordially,

Arno

All I can say is that if you have always longed for the gen then this is a must have. IMHO still one of the best out of the box reps ever. Wear that one well.

Indeed...one of the best... Is almost $500.00 a lot for a rep?...well when you consider the price of the gen. ;)

Mike

Thank you guys for the confirmation. :-)

Mary also offered me this exact same watch, and I will probably purchase it from her in the next 24h.

(Unless someone thinks that is a bad idea vs. PerfectClones, PMs welcome)

Thank you again.

Cordially,

Arno

Thank you guys for the confirmation. :-)

Mary also offered me this exact same watch, and I will probably purchase it from her in the next 24h.

(Unless someone thinks that is a bad idea vs. PerfectClones, PMs welcome)

Thank you again.

Cordially,

Arno

As far as I know Arno...Mary is a very good dealer here... 99.9999% of the time....her customers are very happy with product and service. :)

Mike