When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam127

timj

There is only one thing that matters. What you enjoy. We used to have threads on subs, everyone was obsessed with crown guards on the subs. I remember somebody put his up for review and the "experts" started railing on the crown guards. But, it was a GEN!!!

I have run into 1 person ever with a gen fiddy. 99.99999999 you will ever meet will. Have never seen a Pam in the wild or in a store. Rolex, yes. But couldn't tell real from fake breitling, omega after that forget about it. If your not wearing it for you, your wasting your time. I know a lot of wealthy people. And the ones that are really wealthy. Will tell you their gen is a fake. And usually have gens and fakes. The ones that are marginally wealthy or new to it, flaunt it. Of course, having your own jet, does give it away.

Have some fun with it. Research some straps. Look into what you might find better in your next incarnation. The hunt (like everything else) is usually the best part of the hobby. Having everything come easy and perfect gets really boring really quick

• Like 1

It's not crap and the quality is good. Its just not very accurate. At least to those who know what to look for. You were given the advice to wait for an updated model (which is now available at PureTime) but you went ahead any way. All dealers use terms like "ultimate" etc. but that does not necceseraly mean it is the most accurate. You can either enjoy it as it is or sell it.

Enjoy it. If after you have worn it a while and want to upgrade then you can go for it. That is the fun of reps. Only you can decide whether you are happy and if not how far you want to take it. There are some reps I am perfectly happy with and never touch. Others have ultimately led me down the gen path. As soon as I can recover from Christmas I am going to pick up one of the new ones to compare.

I suggest that you don't let anyone rain on your parade and enjoyment of your watch. The movement isn't that bad and nobody sees it anyway. The distortion is what it is and the AR colour isn't that obvious all of the time I expect. I suggest you find yourself a decent 26mm and Enjoy your watch. There are 1950 genuine versions in the world and Many version much worse than yours. I doubt you will meet either

Ok, thanks for the reply guys:-) got some nice straps inbound, so hopefully I can start using the fiddy:-))

Straps are like rims, they can make the piece.

I am also a snob for good AR. But, I have learned that domed crystals lesson the impact of AR. Even just mild domes not even the super domes. So with those style watches no matter what you will have more reflections.

But no matter what, straps can be a lot of fun. And compared to just a few years ago the selection and availability of quality and affordable straps is amazing. For the first time in my collecting I have a full variety of top quality straps. It took time to fill out the collection. I'm going to do a whole new photo set soon. It's been a long time since I have had the opportunity.

Enjoy your watch. And straps. And be sure to post some pic's.