When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone want to build me a franken Day Date?

paneraiguy

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a professional whom can build me a nice Day Date Franken either a Day Date 1 or II in either stainess or gold, depending on what looks more Gen. I work in the luxury industry but at the moment just dont have enought funds to buy a Genuine Rolex and dont really want to look like an idoit and get caught out wearing a rep!LOL LOL

So I am looking for a Day Date with a reliable New Serviced movment "Swiss", I guess by reading on this forum it would need a Gen Dial,Hands,Crystal, Date wheel, crown,Tube.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on where or who I should talk too that would be great guys.

Thanks for your help.

ex Paneraiguy, LOL

You mean something like this?

You can build a super-franken datejust like that for under $1k if you shop hard (dunno how much the labor adds though, I do my own work). Can't get called out unless someone adjusts the time and notices the hands turn the wrong way.

The DD is a different story though. For starters, you can't (cheaply) use a gen case, because the gen cases are all made in precious metal. Steel is not a good substitute for platinum (b/c of weight), and rep gold doesn't pass the smell test, so you're boned right off the bat.

I don't think someone in your situation should be wearing any rep Rolex other than a superfranken. There are good Rolex reps, but very very few are in the same league as some Panerai or Omega reps. It's a fact of life when dealing with watches that have all in-house movements.

• 3 months later...

I was thinking that a SS Datejust case like a 16014 with a WG bezel

Has anybody ever tried fitting a gen 3055 to a gen datejust case?

I haven't tried this, but there might be a chance that the stem of the 3055 movt is too low in the case- just my educated guess. Thicker movt, maybe.

A 1555/6 might work in the 16000 case- 16014 in your case would be ok. Ubi did such a build last year, but thats all I know at this point.

Edited by alligoat

A 1555/6 might work in the 16000 case- 16014 in your case would be ok. Ubi did such a build last year, but thats all I know at this point.

1555/6 caliber is fine with a 16000 case... once the case has been modified to take it. Phong can do the job !