When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Will factories ever make proper daytona?

daytona01

I know we have this kind of topic every single month but

How long its been ?? every single one of us are craving for proper daytona.

IMO, 21J movn't with a frozen stopwatch hand with a proper case thickness will satisfy a lot of daytona-sick ppl easily.

post-38066-0-92302200-1323993633.jpg

Thickness is important for daytona IMO... which 7750 can never get..

Factories are producing hundreds of... no, thousands of accurate PAMs and why not rolex

If they produce, I would buy

post-38066-0-61943300-1323993643.jpg

both white and black

post-38066-0-09033500-1323993645.jpg

and this... lol

all at once no jk

So you expect the Chinese movement companies to engineer and build a hugely expensive brand new chrono movement just you you can get a replica Daytona with the proper sub dial spacings? I somehow don't see that happening but we can all hold onto the dream.

So you expect the Chinese movement companies to engineer and build a hugely expensive brand new chrono movement just you you can get a replica Daytona with the proper sub dial spacings? I somehow don't see that happening but we can all hold onto the dream.

Am I only one who wants proper daytona?? I don't think so.

well, I don't see it happening either :( sighh but who knows?

Continuous demands might change their mind?? lol

I guess demanding is better than giving up hope ...

How did ppl get factories to produce those nice pams??

Many ppl demand nice pams, and I guess many demand rollies too.

It's because those gen Pams have standard ETA movements in most of them. Making the watch is easy. Fitting in a proper movement is the difficult part. And, since Rolex uses proprietary movements, it's not so simple to replicate them 1:1. But, there are lots of excellent Rolex reps, such as the DJ and Explorer models to name a couple.

We've all been dreaming about this 116520 for years. The dedicated movement with secs @ 6 has always been the obstacle.

But I have often wondered if such an Asian movement, if ever made, would also work on the 40mm AP royal oak chrono,

and even some of the JLC chronos with secs @ 6. Maybe then it would justify development.

Aside from the everyone's grail Daytona, I'd love to finally see AP and Jaeger Le Coultre chrone reps too..

I love Daytona's also.. I think it's also a matter of dollars and sense.

Millions of Rolex's get sold the internet accurate or not.

Like others have said....Pams take a standard movement and IMO,

The rep factories may not feel the investment will pay off...

They usually try to make what sells, they do make mistakes though...

Hopefully Connie was right and maybe we will see a nicer Daytona

in the year coming... ;)

MM

I'd accept the non working chrono - but why don't the make a secs@9 daytona. Shouldn't that be fairly easy?

The El Primero movement in the seconds at 9 is every bit as complex as Rolex's second at six. Both require building a new movement from the ground up (if you want working chrono, proper case thickness and pusher and crown placement).

The El Primero movement in the seconds at 9 is every bit as complex as Rolex's second at six. Both require building a new movement from the ground up (if you want working chrono, proper case thickness and pusher and crown placement).

They already have a 7750 seconds at 9 with closer sub-dial spacing that they use on the Omega PO chrono and the Zenith Defy chrono (Joshua sells them both) which should also yeild a better looking seconds at 9 Daytona. It would not solve the case being too thick, but it would be more reliable than that seconds at 6 hot mess they have been pushing for years now. Still, we all dream on.

Cheers B)