When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1 Year after, Final result of Navitimer Fighters Modification

Monito1975

I found a Navi case V1 or V2 in the Silk Market in Beijin, the rest is all gen from Breitling. The Crystal that came with the case was sent to FineDD for AR but I´m looking for a better AR as this AR is kind of brownish, any suggestions are welcome.

Edited by Monito1975

But you can use any case, Domi has found a trick to make all parts fit, he won´t reveal it but it comes out very well as I gave him a V4 navitimer fighters rep and he installed a gen DW without being sunken directly to the Asian 7750 movement.

But you can use any case, Domi has found a trick to make all parts fit, he won´t reveal it

Charitable of him.

In any case, it can't be that much of a "trick"--the stem height has to be changed. No way to do that short of drilling a new hole for the tube. The only "trick" is how you want to install the tube in the new hole and close up the old hole.

but it comes out very well as I gave him a V4 navitimer fighters rep and he installed a gen DW without being sunken directly to the Asian 7750 movement.

Well, I don´t think he does any drilling, I did not insisted, this is he´s job not his hobby and I respect that, he is in his full right keep it to himself. He used an other way may be some case modifications and custom made adapter rings.He did not had to shave the Dial, overall a much cleaner mod than drilling a hole and gluing a new tube. For the Gen Slide-rule he shaved the outer diameter by 1.5mm. I do not know if he had made a eta 7753 Navi, I might be tempted to get a gen Dial, DW and Slide-rule and see if we coud fit a gen ETA 7753 without being too invasive.

Well, I don´t think he does any drilling, I did not insisted, this is he´s job not his hobby and I respect that, he is in his full right keep it to himself. He used an other way may be some case modifications and custom made adapter rings.

Sure, maybe he did. But basic dimensions are basic dimensions. The reason for the sunken datewheel is that the movement sits too far back. The reason the movement sits too far back is that there is usually a transfer plate on top of it. Moving the movement forward means moving the entire movement closer to the dial, which means the stem no longer aligns with the tube, which means the tube needs to be moved.

Unless he built a tiny gearbox to offset the stem by 1mm, then he moved the tube somehow. The stem now goes through a place that was metal before. Therefore that metal had to be removed.

Some things you can't get around. It's simply not possible to do this any other way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sneed, 

All of the above is correct but, what if he did not moved the movement at all? and he just made an adaptor ring to the DW or modyfied the dial feet he has all the gadgets to do that? or he modified the inside of  case?

Then again with the reps they all came in all sorts of flavors and colors, maybe I was lucky with my 2 reps. For the ETA 7753 I have no idea but I have not seen any drilling on the ETA 7750 reps.

Anyway I have a new project after he finishes my 5513 sub, I will go for a tricompax Navi, with gen Dial, gen DW and Gen sliderule, then we will see if it would take a gen ETA 7753

Pics to come soon.