When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Recieved My Gen Crowns And Tubes For My Subs..

i honestly am so appreciative of all of your help here, but i havent the slightest clue on the whole retapping thing. i know that it is increasing the size of the hole on the case and rethreading it, but i dont feel confident enough to do it, makes me kinda nervous.

hey LT if you dont feel confident than dont do it man .. just send it out & have it done right & save your expensive WM case ! good luck bro !

Kingkite is correct- The tube will be very difficult to thread in once at 50% to 100%. Still thread-able, but there will be a significant amount of resistance.

On my MBW's and WM's, I have never had to re-tap, so that is why my prior comment was that 'typically' the threads don't need to be retapped. I simply thread the crown onto the tube, and then thread the tube into the case and seat it. That's not to say that all do not; afterall, your mileage may vary.

If you plan on doing a number of these, then you should probably invest in the tube installation tool. The gent's tool will seat the tubes for either Twonlock or Triplock (i.e. 6mm and 7mm).

I retapp the tubehole everytime on my MBW's...

The risk is to high to damage the tube or broke it, i know it i killed several tubes :whistling:

It's very easy to retap with the right tapping tool...

After that,put a little bit Hypo cement on the threads than you can install the tube easily...

Sometimes you must drill a countersink that the tube sits flush on the case...

But it's only my way to do it...