When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 088 H or 029 N?

sangupta

I have the 237 and the 029 and I think they are both very good, quality reps. The 029 has a cleaner dial than the 237/088. I think it is nicer than the 237/088 dial. The lume is of the exact same color. CG on both are excellent, the crown on the 029 is imo better, more correct. Both have very correct cases and my 237 has the blue hue crystal, which is correct for a H model. The crystal of the 029 seems none exsisting, so good is the AR coating.

if you care about accuracy go with the 029 since it's almost indistinguishable from the gen, including quality of finish.

The 088 has a few issues, the sec@9 subdial is darker than it should be, the canon pin/center of the hands is very different from the gen (and very easy to tell on the wrist). But if you like that style better it's a great rep.

if you care about accuracy go with the 029 since it's almost indistinguishable from the gen, including quality of finish.

The 088 has a few issues, the sec@9 subdial is darker than it should be, the canon pin/center of the hands is very different from the gen (and very easy to tell on the wrist). But if you like that style better it's a great rep.

Are you sure about the 88

While the 029 seems closer to gen. What about the double AR issue? Is it reasonably scratch proof? What about smudge on the crystal?

CP is flush on mine

Gen for comparison

In some the CP looks flush but that's just a gimmick when they put the minutes hand. The CP cap is taller than it should be and eventually the minute hand may come lose. Besides the CP is wider than the gen and it creates a different visual effect.

Yours is good but it's noticeable different from the gen.

let me see if I can explain better. The gen the middle minute hand seems to be pinched in (like an innie) with the CP cap pushing it down. The rep has the center of the minute hand flat with the CP and in many of the new 88s (you're lucky to have it flushed) the CP sits higher than the hand.

The result is when the light hits the CP you see the distortion on the center of the hand on the gen while with the rep the effect is not there. It's the kind of thing you have to have the two side by side to notice but if you are familiar with the gen it's very easy to spot, even on your wrist. Photos are not the best to judge these things but here's a high res one that shows a little bit of the effect (click on it to see full size).

DSCN6791_0.JPG

Go to the AD and look at it.

MM you are making me blush..

I know it isn't dead nuts but like I said its pretty dang close. As a former gen 104 owner I will say that I am very pleased with the fit and finish of this watch. Albeit the 029 is a very nice piece but I personally find the 088 to be a notch above in over all appearance , down right sexy if I may say so. In my opinion the flood of 029 purchases as of lare will be soon hitting the sales corner but this 088 will not :) Look at this beauty in front of a icy cold Doe Equis

bb82ed97.jpg