When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Ladymatic

ammandel

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely piece for a lucky lady!

Purely on an educational level, in case there are some accuracy freaks (like me) considering this watch ..... the genuine is of course an automatic. The date window is in the wrong place on this one, and the datewheel should be white font on black background, not black on white. There are variants where these flaws are absent, but you will of course pay a premium.

Lastly, models with the diamond bezel should have a little diamond set in the crown. But it's a gorgeous watch nonetheless and I hope the lucky recipient was suitably appreciative!

The movement on these is decorated really well for a rep....give us a few shots ;)

When they start incorporating that level of decoration into the new PO and SMP models we might have a nice displayback rep on the horizon.

Hmm, yes .... but movement shots would not be relevant on this one - I think in this case the OP chose a quartz movement (does not exist in the gen) most likely because he felt the recipient would prefer it.

I have the much more accurate automatic version and the movement is indeed very pretty.

• Like 1

Hmm, yes .... but movement shots would not be relevant on this one - I think in this case the OP chose a quartz movement (does not exist in the gen) most likely because he felt the recipient would prefer it.

That's women for ya, can't wind the watch and do their hair at the same time ;)

I have the much more accurate automatic version and the movement is indeed very pretty.

It definitely looks promising that they can achieve that level of detail, I was surprised when I saw it in pics, now all we need is for the factories to step it up and do us all a favour and do that with the new POs/smp/aqua terras, ......somehow I fear it will take a few goes to get it down on these for some reason. Plus they know we will all buy version 1 though to V5 of each again anyway so they can milk us along the way!

Yes, that's the problem Cougar, collectors will keep on buying so the factories are never in a hurry to make improvements. Women's reps have been a real issue in that regard - we have so few 'good' ones, most are a joke and don't even exist in the gen world. The new Ladymatic will fly out the window, proving that women do care about accuracy, as do the men who buy them for their female partners.

I like looking at men's watches, but I could never carry them off (though I did find myself ogling a Daytona in the AD today, and wondering if there was a good reproduction of it!).

• 3 weeks later...

The gen item is an auto, so for me the difference in cost between a quartz (which I would not entertain) and an auto is a no brainer. The difference between the 'Swiss' auto and the 'Asian' auto (found in the DeVille Mid section on Josh's site for example) is around $50. I'm afraid I don't know what the Asian auto movements are like or how well they compare to the 'Swiss' ones.

Too bad most woman wants a QUARTZ, but since this has a seconds hand Auto is the only way to go, since a sweeping hand is much more elegant than one that jumps every second. If the watch has has no second hand (like some of the LVs) so then its perfectly ok with a quartz in my opinion. Asian or swiss movement does not matter much as long as it has the proper functions or closed case back.

Thanks guys and gals :) for helping. I was looking at the "Ladies" sized watch and the price for Nickle Plated Fine Engineered Swiss Eta 2671-2 Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph is 398. My wife prefers automatic movements for their ingeneering and aesthetic value, probably because she's an architect. I'd buy her a gen in a heartbeat, nevermind the cost, I'd eat less, I'd go to work naked, who cares, but the bloody woman hates to spend on herself. So if I bought a gen it would cause a major family crisis. When I introduced her to the new hobby of mine and she's seen my first rep, she was all in. She said: "I always suspected you will figure this watch obsession of yours out, but now you owe me one as well". So now I'm looking for a nice watch for her and I know that she will appreciate the rep more than a gen, but I need a very good rep, because the last thing I want is her being called out. Pesonally I can handle it, but she's such a sweetheart, I don't want he to be hurt by some a$$hole making remarks...

Anyway... I'm drifting... Sorry, I can talk about her all day... :)

Now, I'm considering other options as well, but this watch is beatiful and very accurate as far as I can see. Correct me if I'm wrong Photogirl.

So my question is this I'm under impression that those so called Swiss ETA are also chinese reps, so It may be better to buy a A2813 movement. Am I wrong?

Also: the midsize one - is it a fanatsy size or is there an actual watch like this, I couldn't find it on omega site.

And the last one: Photogirl, how does this watch wear, can it pass as a daily beater, I mean without the bling bezel? What do you think of it?

Edited by Adeodatus

"Most women want a quartz".

I have to say that I, and the ladies in the women's section of another well known rep forum are getting tired of hearing comments like that, and other presumptive remarks about our ability to manage the vast technicalities of winding and setting a watch.

You are correct. I appologize for this comment. I was indeed presumptive (and narrow minded) and will never say it again. Ever. :wounded1:

Gran

• Like 1

Adeodatus, I'm delighted your wife is assisting the rest of the female membership in refuting the belief that women only want quartz timepieces!

There is only one size of Omega Ladymatic, For some reason Josh places the ones with the lower end movements in a "mid" section. In carefully comparing the HIGHEST END Ladymatic with genuine photographs it does indeed appear to be an excellent wrap. Some of the cheaper models, particularly the quartz, have dial issues (for example the position of the date will is wrong) so make sure you do the relevant comparisons with whichever one you go with. Yes it is quite likely that the Swiss ETA termed movements are also made in China, and are likely to be better than the movement termed as "Asian" but I can't say for definite. The watch is simple and classy and would be an excellent daily watch. I have not had the opportunity of comparing mine with the genuine article because none of my local dealerships carry this model as yet. I would guess that the versions with the metal bracelet are best, since the leather on rep straps tends to be inferior.

Adeodatus, I'm delighted your wife is assisting the rest of the female membership in refuting the belief that women only want quartz timepieces!

There is only one size of Omega Ladymatic, For some reason Josh places the ones with the lower end movements in a "mid" section. In carefully comparing the HIGHEST END Ladymatic with genuine photographs it does indeed appear to be an excellent wrap. Some of the cheaper models, particularly the quartz, have dial issues (for example the position of the date will is wrong) so make sure you do the relevant comparisons with whichever one you go with. Yes it is quite likely that the Swiss ETA termed movements are also made in China, and are likely to be better than the movement termed as "Asian" but I can't say for definite. The watch is simple and classy and would be an excellent daily watch. I have not had the opportunity of comparing mine with the genuine article because none of my local dealerships carry this model as yet. I would guess that the versions with the metal bracelet are best, since the leather on rep straps tends to be inferior.

Hmm.. I see , thanks for the insight.

There are 3 versions of this watch Andrew lists this low end at 188 http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_84&products_id=9053

And there are two others at Josh's: http://www.1-pc8838.com/omdem00104-deville-ladymatic-ssss-a2836-p-11761.html and this higher priced: http://www.1-pc8838.com/omdel00024-deville-ladymatic-ssss-s2671-p-11399.html. So i'm I'm not mistaken, Photogirl, you suggest I buy the first one from josh and forget about the pricier "swiss" version right?

I prefer the SS bracelets as well. The leather ones are usually of a very poor quality, with a few exceptions. I think that she'd like a bracelet too, but I must admit that the leather strap looks fabulous on this watch. I wish there was a croc option, like for my Mark XVI

I'm not familiar with what the other dealers have, however there are three versions on Josh's site. One is the quartz version which is quite cheap, then that is an Asian auto version (in the 'mid' section) and a "Swiss" auto version. The latter being the most accurate, which is the one I own. But as I said always do your research and compare the piece you're considering against detailed images of the genuine article. Look closely at the date wheel, and its position for example.

Hmm - it might grow on her! You could take her to the AD and get her to try one on, that would surely 'sell it' to her. I didn't like it on first sight, then I found myself hankering after one. Otherwise I've heard the Cartier (auto) Ballon Blue mid is a great rep for a lady and very accurate. I have one on order.