When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Speedmaster moon watch

sandman77

Happy new year everyone. I hope you can help. I am new to al this so apologies if I am covering old ground. I am trying to find a good replica of the original moon watch (3570.50). Does anybody know a reliable source that sells this watch? I would prefer it to have the solid back and not he display back I have seen on the 3573.50. Also us there a big difference between a $150 Rep and a $250 watch?

I dont thing there is a good rep with a solid back, at least not one with a working chrono, the reps out there with the seagull hand wind chrono are good solid reps just not the most acurate due to the subdial positions on the seagull being thuther out from the center compared to the original omega 321 movement, resulting in smaller markers at 3 and 9.

it can be modded to look more genuine

DSCF0687.jpg

But is a great solid watch if inacruate as it comes

DSC00457.jpg

http://www.discount-watch-world.com/omega-speedmaster-moon-watch-apollo-11-40th-anniversary-swiss-replica-watch-om083.html

I like the look of this 40th anniversary model and compared pics and this one looks pretty good to me. Seems a good price too ( I am in the UK). Has anybody dealt with this company before?

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got my rep moonwatch, I didnt want to spend too much money as I was unsure of the quality of these reps. I researched (here and on RWI) and found out that basically there are no "good" reps of the moonwatch. They all have flaws such as the spacing of the subdials or the operation of the chrono.

In the end I decided to go for a budget option and got it from timesshop.net for the small sum of US$68. It arrived today and I have to say I am amazed at the quality of it, it feels nice and solid in my hand and has a nice weight to it. The only thing that would give it away as a fake to a non-watch guy is I feel the bracelet is a bit sharp round the edges but that might get better with use. The other big difference between this and my gen watch (only talking about looks here not function/movement) is the viewing angle of the crystal. At about 60 degrees the lower half of the face starts to distort (hard to explain). It has the cheap 21j automatic movement so the chrono doesnt function like it should but what can you expect for $68. All in all I am over the moon (haha) with it. I think this could be the start of an expensive hobby. I am already thinking about a PO. Oops.

6680112123_3eff8f44bb.jpg

6680116273_28d0739ca5.jpg

6680120677_b48033d000.jpg

6680124609_326121f6bd.jpg

Congratulations on your Speedy! :) There are quite a few cheap replicas which have "quality feeling", even though they are not accurate replicas.

If you decide to go for the manual wind Seagull option, the subdial@six will follow the main hour hand. The modification of Freezing the subdial at 6 is something you can take on yourself if you feel confident. There was a tutorial on it, but I think it got lost in a forum reconstruction.

68USD?!?! Link? i cant find this baby on timeshop

Scrap that- ive just found it- its the 21J right? Is the large second hand constantly in motion??

Date @ 3 so i assume the other hands d nothing? just move a bit when you press the start/ stop buttons??

Did you have to pay the 20 USD postage fee or do you have a 'voucher'??

Edited by Greddyl30pjg

I have to say I had one of these and wore it happily for years, faux chronos and alll.... there is a nice dome to the crystal on these and the quartz and the watch looks good on the wrist, sure the main hand moves, doesn't really matter, none of the moony reps are gen accurate anyway, but these make a great beater,...nice find!

As above the big second hand constantly moves, it is a nice sweep action. The dial @ 6 goes round with the hour hand ( it might be a full resolution every 24 hours not sure) and the dial @9 moves with the button but for the price I am not complaining. I paid the postage.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

I have the same Speedmaster rep, that I bought when traveling in China (paid 30 €).

Of course it's not a real chronograph movement. Large seconds hands is moving permanently. Sub dials have calendar functions : day @ 9 ; date @ 3 ; and day/night function @ 6.

Cheap price, cheap movement, but really good looking !

107qkvq.jpg

13zpy01.jpg

Now, I think I will maybe buy a rep with hand winding chronograph movement, and try to change the case back to put in place the metal engraved case back above, instead of the window case back.

• 2 weeks later...

Now, I think I will maybe buy a rep with hand winding chronograph movement

Which one would that be, can you provide a link to one (manual with working chronograph movement, if such a thing does exist). I am also looking for the "Holy Grail" of a replica Moonwatch (best one there is anyways).

If it's the same with the clear display back, that is the one I have my eye on. But curious if the lowerend models that advertise a working chronograph, do they in fact work as a chronograph.

Edited by rangerbob