When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Speedmaster Rep lost 5 minutes over night

brokenblinker

I ordered a Speedmaster rep from Mary about 3 months ago. Upon receiving it, one of the pushers promptly broke off and she had me send back the watch head. Well I received my new one last night. I set it before going to bed, and it lost 5 minutes over night. I'm not familiar with how to regulate the ST-19 movement.

Anyone have any tips or tricks on regulating it or have suggestions? I really don't want to pay to ship it back to China for a SECOND time.

You don't have to ship a watch for being un-regulated .. besides, the rough treatment by the postal services can throw it out of regulation so there would be no point to do this.

If you lost 5 minutes overnight, I assume it will lose 15 minutes a day, so the watch is probably out of beat and needs to be on a time-o-graph machine for proper alignment.

Where are you in the World?

The lever with the large gold screw is the very very rough adjustment, and it will actually prevent the watch from running if moved too far in either direction.

The lever with two gold pins is for fine adjustments. If you have an iphone or an ipad with a decent plug-in mic, you can purchase the App called "Kello" which is a Jr. time-o-graph

RegulatingWatchesSummary.jpg

2pH44.png

Still waiting to hear back from her. Maybe she'll let me get a UPO or something next. I'm starting to sour on this Speedy that keeps breaking instantly when I get it. Also, I have 8 other watches. While I'm new to the rep scene, I'm not new to the watch game. I know I'm not doing anything to abuse/break them.

Well, went to wind it for the second time and when I unscrewed the crown, the stem was snapped. Looks like this one is going back too. I'm starting to get quite frustrated.

It was snapped when you went to wind it for the SECOND time?

A moonwatch style speedmaster with a screw down crown? is the rep that far off spec?

It was snapped when you went to wind it for the SECOND time?

A moonwatch style speedmaster with a screw down crown? is the rep that far off spec?

Yup! It was there the first time. When I unscrewed it to wind for the second time, it just fell out when I undid the threads.

And yes, despite being the best moonie rep, they are that far off.

Would definitely be willing to exchange for something else...getting fed up with this thing.

Mary doesn't QA her watches. I hope you get the problem resolved.

Mary is one of the original "personal shopper" type dealers, who goes out and hand-picks watches for you from the watch bazaar. To call her a drop-shipper is the height of absurdity. She pioneered "QC photos" back when a cartel dealer would tell you to drop dead if you asked for a picture. Really now; come on.

I never said she was a drop-shipper. Yes, she goes out and finds the watches, but she does little to test them out before shipping them.

Mary is one of the original "personal shopper" type dealers, who goes out and hand-picks watches for you from the watch bazaar. To call her a drop-shipper is the height of absurdity. She pioneered "QC photos" back when a cartel dealer would tell you to drop dead if you asked for a picture. Really now; come on.

She has posted images of her test bench, with commercial multi-hook winder for running a watch a couple days before shipment. She's also posted that she has a watchsmith on-premises. http://www.rwg.cc/to...h-international

Im curious how you think any dealer could QC a watch so it does not physically break in the future.

The most important thing here is that a trusted dealer will offer to take it back and repair it. Unfortunately it is customary to foot the shipment bill yourself. Oftentimes it is best to have the piece serviced in your own country and call it a day.

i agree with Jkay, Mary did pioneer the photos and went way beyond what the cartel dealers did at the time. i am sure she looked at your watch before shipping. There is only so much time and effort anyone can put into a rep before shipping. Your problem happened after you received the watch from Mary.

I would think she will let you change models, because that's just not how it works. i would agree with the rest of the guys that you should save the shipping and

the downtime, and find or get a referral of a rep friendly watch repair.

I feel bad for you..There is nothing like a 2 time problem,, and them the seller is overseas...

Good Luck on which ever way you choose to go... I say fix it here. If you do that, she most likely will take money off your nest purchase.;)

MM