When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just received my 005N Noob!

MapsMoney

Hey guys, just received my watch from Mary. In 3 DAYS!! Woww! I gave her my info 3-4 days ago and it's here already?? Amazing!!

The watch is flawless! The only gripe is the rubber strap is maybe a bit too small!. I will get some pictures later when I goto a buddies house who has a really nice camera!

Quick question tho.. when u order reps do they uualy come with the panerai box and stuff? This came just as is, no box, paperwork, etc.. Wish It came with a box tho...

Do some reps come with box etc and some dont?

Don't get me wrong, Mary was a true delight to deal with.. 5 day total turnaround time minus weekends before I got this baby!

How do i get it working now?

How long do I have to wind it for and how do I set the arms to the correct time?

Be nice, i'm a nob :)

Boxes are an optional "Accessory" purchase. Usually +$50~$90.

To set the time should be pretty obvious, open the lever on the CG, pull the crown out to its one and only position and turn. (This must be your first MANUAL wind watch???)

You can wind the watch 'gently' until it comes to a stop ~ won't wind any further. My GEN 6497 usually take about 40 thumb/forefinger 180' turns, or about 20 full 360' rotations of the crown. Just go slow, and you will feel when it stops and cannot be wound further.

yeah sorry never owned a watch like this before, going to wind it now...

I'm a little mad i see some scratches or poorly applied transparent AR on the front, maybe its just something happened in transit? Kinda looks shitty in the light :(

All dealers who are selling the Noob Factory, they are all the same. As far as boxes go. For Christmas I purchased one of the better Chanel watches. I decided to get the box set since it was a gift. The box set was $69 and smelled like strong shoe polish. I put the box outside for 3 days, outer box and top included, and to this day

it still smells like shoe polish.

I would never purchase a box set again unless i had to! I also bought a $49 Rolex box for a Chrisitmas gift,, and truthfully they look like they cost $10.00. i have never ordered for myself any box sets nor will i ever in the future. The dealers represent them as "Gen Guality", that's not true. They are an extremely high profit item that the dealers would love to sell as many as possible. That's my box story.

Enjoy your day! ;)

MM

Maps, release the crownguard, pull out the crown and rotate? Should do the trick. Re the AR, hard to tell from

middle pic if it's lighting or less than perfect applied AR... Hey, PAM gens don't have perfect, go into an AD and have a look if you haven't already! If it really bugs with the AR you can either strip the upper layer of coating or have one of the forum modders put on new crystal/coating for you!

Double sided AR shows 2 dim reflections ..

Single sided AR shows 1 dim reflection and one bright reflection.

No AR is perfect. You will see SOMETHING in there .. but the better the AR the less you will see.

edit: realized I'd mis-typed the differences

Edited by Jkay

Looking good my friend. Enjoy it!

Now, ditch the rubber strap and get yourself a nice leather aftermarket one! Btw, in the pictures it looks like the crownguard lever doesn't close all the way? And about the AR, I had some scratches on mine...removed the outer layer. Looks a lot more gen like then, and you don't have to worry about marks on it ;-)