When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pamfreaks! Keep you eye's on Joshuas & Andrews site today :)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

This is definitely very impressive....looks really an inmaculated rep..but i prefer it with assolutamente strap

Sent from my SGS2

]

The original genuine did have the assolutamente strap. Which the dealer version is very nice. I don't think

all the dealers carry it. i ordered mine, and have mine strap ready! ;) MM

Well, there will always be flaws, bigger or smaller. These are so small it really does not matter.

To think of it, factories cannot and should not ever make 1:1 reps. Imagine if they would, all the countless scammers then trying to resell them as Gen's. If that would ever happen big name brands would get really mad and potentially go after Chinese factories and our hobby message boards. Right now they don't care as much cause you can tell Rolex and Panerai reps easily in pictures and they even have rep collectors policing the auctions and reporting scams.

So imagine that... all those big brand boys come to RWG, read around, see many of us buying their genuine watches and reps and also reporting scams sales. Seems like it works out for everyone in the end somehow.

CP look`s shiiityy as always...

Edited by lfovco

I have never bought the "don't make them as good as they can be" theory. The gen manufacturers are already as aggresive as they can economically be but their responses are limited. They can't prosecute everyone and can't even effectively stop the factories. They know full well who the factories are. The minute a rep factory uses a brand name on a large scale such that the true brand owner notices the owner will do what make senses economically. And on certain things a rep can be made very close to gen but basics like movements, dials, etc. will never be exactly the same. The rep factories are not using the identical materials, processes or even machinery. No, its not all marketing on the difference between rep and gens. When we buy a rep we are simply trying to get as close as possible for as little as possible. The rep factories are weighing the same issues from the other perspective.

Watchmeister, you are totally right. Due to manufacturing process, machines and materials used etc, they just cannot make it at the same level. But imagine if they were making reps that you cannot tell are reps from the pics, scammers would go crazy with selling those.

Edited by lfovco