When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Got my Navitimer World

empire

Hey Guys -

I joined this forum and bought a watch the first day, it arrived today and now I am hoping to get a little help. I swear i did a ton of different searches before creating a new topic because I couldn't really find what i needed. I am trying to get the watch going, I managed to get the watch moving (mostly from me just manual rotating the watch) I tried following videos on how to wind it but I just don't think I am doing it right. I know the movement is 7750. I am definitely a n00b but hopefully some of you where at one time too :)

My other questions other then how to wind it properly, is the other hands on the watch. The second dial is moving smooth as it should but the 24 hour dial is still set right on 12. I think maybe this is because I don't know how to set it properly.

Now for prolly the biggest noob question... I know if i press the top side button the timer starts and that works, but what is the other have with the big red arrow on it and what does that do?

Thanks for not being too mean!

edit: I forgot to mention, the watch LOOKS AMAZING!

post-41770-0-65441800-1326557471.jpg

Edited by empire

just wear it... your arm motion will wind the watch. The red arrow is used to set time for another time zone. Most folks here feel that running the chrono function may shorten the reliability of the movement. I have a Navitimer in white but honestly you'rs looks much nicer, mine is more of cream color. Enjoy! it looks great!! Dave

It's called World for a reason, it's a GMT watch. You can wind it using the crown, but better set it and wear it as winding may shorten the movements life span.

• 3 weeks later...

has anyone told you not to wind the movement yet ? :D

no but seriousily a few twirls face down in your palm should be all it takes to get the movement going

About the subdials, the secs @ 9 are the running seconds which run as the movement moves forward

The skinny red hand in the center is the running seconds for the stopwatch complication that starts/stops using the 2 o clock pusher

... and resets using the 4 o'clock pusher

The sub-dial @ 12 is the running minutes for the stopwatch complication and the sub-dial @ 6 is for the running hours for the same

They'll move only after the stopwatch is engaged and been left running for a while

Lastly the hand with the big red arrow is the GMT hand and it'll move only half as fast as the hours hand if left alone

In the Northern hemisphere, the GMT hand & the hour hand can be used to pin point due North in conjunction with the sun. And vice-versa

The GMT hand is independently adjustable to a particular time zone by turning the crown counter-clockwise in the quick set date adjustment position

Hope this helps & enjoy your new watch

• 2 weeks later...