When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I saw some of the newer ATs at Omega's site and thought they looked pretty great with their vertical lines on the dial. Does anyone have an idea if they might be showing up as reps anytime soon? The ATs aren't exactly as popular as the POs and they might not be replicated at all?

post-41846-0-66287200-1326879036.png

I just recently bought an "older" AT - the one with blue hands - from Andrew. I'm much too happy with it right now to do anything with it, but would it be possible to franken it in the future? It looks close enough to be 1:1 to me, but the site says 39mm while I think the gen is 39,5mm. It would be a future project anyway, but would be nice to know if it's an option.

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_66&products_id=1766

Lovecraft

They will probably get around to it, as the AT is a really nice understated watch. But the pic you posted is of the horrible "Golf Version", which is supposed to be a golf watch because they use a bit of green on the dial. Ridiculous marketing by Omega.

I think the teak dial AT's are sorely lacking any upgrades, such a pity as they are a lovely watch, I would love to see them have a decent crack at it as it's not the most complicated design. At the moment we've only got as far as the Watcheden cheapy version or the versions from puretime which are way too big.

Also afaik the old AT's can be frankened, I've seen some threads in the past about a dial/hand swap being done, other than that I don't think much else can be done, the gen decorated 2500 has not been replicated well, although there are a few older rep AT's that had a decent enough semi-decorated silver rotor. These days they just leave the untouched gold coloured 2824 in the displayback.