When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Records Were Not Sorted Correctly By Time

dvn

Personally, I am experiencing troubles in retrieving my past posts, Admin.

And I did not get a feeling that it is related to a specific forum.

Personally, I am experiencing troubles in retrieving my past posts, Thomas.

And I did not get a feeling that it is related to a specific forum.

Do you get any error messages? How are you trying to retreive your past posts? Via search or other ways?

Do you get any error messages? How are you trying to retreive your past posts? Via search or other ways?

No error messages.

To retrieve my posts I click on my name on the top left of the page, then 'Profile Options' / 'Find member's posts'.

Then:

My posts often do not show correctly. Especially when they begin with a quotation, it just shows "<..." or other mess.

When I click on the Post Preview # at the bottom of my post, sometimes I am teleported somewhere else. Always a post of mine, but not the one I was trying to reach.

On TRC that same procedure works marvellously.

Thanks for your attention, Admin.

Just to add that the abovesaid troubles are not only restricted to retrieving my own posts, but everyone's posts as well.

My posts often do not show correctly. Especially when they begin with a quotation, it just shows "<..." or other mess.

I see this behaviour as well when I use the search feature. It appears that there is a DIV closed too many times or not enough, at a guess, as there are boxes that move inside other boxes.

FWIW, I'm running Firefox.

there are boxes that move inside other boxes.

FWIW, I'm running Firefox.

Exactly: boxes inside other boxes, too.

Besides of that all, sometimes the post's text is displayed in a narrow window (with a vertical scorllbar) at the right of the expected window, which is empty instead (or it just contains a messed quote box as said).

Often the text displayed in the narrow window comes from a different post, not from the one in the 'normal' window. In this case, the different post that is displayed in the narrow window does not appear in the 'normal' windows.

I too am using Firefox as a browser, but I also tried with IE and it had the same problems.

The quoted boexes also show up for me as "<...", but all posts show up just fine when I hit the Post preview link.

Not so here.

Sometimes the Post preview takes me to the right place, sometimes elsewhere (even to entirely different threads where I posted).

Well, I have tried about 20 different posts now from your profile/Find users posts, in Opera, Firefox and Explorer and they all work. Just be aware of that you that the post preview link will not take you to the correct post until the pages have loaded completely. Until the page loads completely you will probably see the first post in the thread.

Ok Admin, thanks.

When it will happen again I'll take a screen capture of my posts list and a record of what happened, and I'll let you know. I understand that it may be difficult to sort problems out when they don't happen. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Admin,

here is a capture pic of an uncorrect result on retrieving my posts.

Apart from the odd (empty) overall looking, the Post Preview # on the bottom points to a completely different thread.

Thanks, I hope this helps in locating some problems...

154138-14143.jpg