When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam286 QC Pictures, First Rep!

RobT

Hey guys,

Im new on the forum and im ready to start a collect of watches myself! Here is the QC photos from Mary i would like to share

with the community of my first watch biggrin.png Its my first but first of many.

Comments!? Im new to this so any input would be great!

Enjoy!

IMG_5814.jpg

IMG_5815.jpg

IMG_5816.jpg

IMG_5817.jpg

IMG_5818.jpg

IMG_5819.jpg

IMG_5820.jpg

Looks great. Love this watch.

I've heard Mary is very good but might be worthwhile to asked for a shot or two with the chrono reset. Just to see if everything is aligned nicely.

Otherwise, enjoy!

:)

Likewise i heard mary was really reliable and trustworthy so i gave her a try (: She was really nice, she even shot me 2 videos on how the chronograph functions

etc.. but the watch is on the way to my place. Ill be sure to make a review as soon as i get it!

Not a Pam expert but looks great and nice strap too ;)

Thanks! haha im not a watch expert at all :p im new to the hobby

Thanks for the input guys! But as for the strap, i just asked for it :p lol i prefered it more than the rubber strap lol But thats just imo

still waiting for it to come in, feels like its been forever but its only been a couple of days haha i hate the waiting game

Looks ok, almost perfect. Maybe it would have been a good idea to have some closer pics, but I see is too late.

could you please educate me where it is not perfect? :p

Like i said, new to the scene, would be nice to pick up a few things from the more experienced :)

Edited by RobT

An expert could chime in, but seeing as pam makes their own movements, the see thru caseback is likely the biggest tell - of course on your wrist noone will see it. I just compared to some gen photos - there are a few differences in the movement, but still a good job overall and 99.99% of people will not know what the gen regatta movement looks like.

• 2 weeks later...

An expert could chime in, but seeing as pam makes their own movements, the see thru caseback is likely the biggest tell - of course on your wrist noone will see it. I just compared to some gen photos - there are a few differences in the movement, but still a good job overall and 99.99% of people will not know what the gen regatta movement looks like.

The movement in the 286/213 and 253/212 (for that matter) are not completely panerai's "own" movements. Unlike some of the more impressive power reserve models etc that panerai makes the OPXVIII series is still based on a Valjoux 7750 movement with a few extra parts for the flyback or rattrapante function. Nothing particularly special though. But yes.. the movement is a give away if you're familiar with panerai and its 7750 variants. More than anything the fit and finish of the movement is probably the biggest tell, but not even then is it that much of a tell unles you've got someone looking VERY closely at your watch. Let's not forget that most of our movements are not much larger than the diameter of a quarter!