When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone Pick Up A Bronzo Yet?

maxman

I have, picked it up about a month ago, starting to patinate (old pic). Interesting piece to own, not knowing how the watch will actually end up looking, new experience for me.

382-1.jpg

Man..that actually looks very nice. thanks for the pic. I give you credit for taking a chance when most here would not...Including myself.

It would be awesome if It darkens up a bit..so as to replicate the darker bronz/copper color of the gen.

That being said...looks pretty dam good to my eye.

If you have the time...a.few more pics would be greatly appreciated.:)

Thanks again.

Mike

Will do some more pics later, still waiting for it to patinate more. Here is a new crappy iphone pic, its just started to darken up a bit.

3823.jpg

Nice..I guess It would be better to wait a bit for the patina to have more of a effect.

Looking foward to more pics later.:)

Mike

This is quite unusual. Why would it darken if it is gold plated, as Josh says in his web page for the watch?

Have you ever seen a cheep or pooly plated piece of jewlery? notice how it fades or tarnishes at It gets older. It's something to do with the "augmemted plating" It's not distributed evenly like electroplating. Thats what gives it it's fading...or patina properties.

Of course this would not be a desirable effect most of the time..but when simulating copper or brass...this is Indeed the desired effect.

I dont know enough about the process to give a better explanation...unfortunately this is the best discription I can give atm.

Mike

Thin noble metal plating allows atoms of the base metal to migrate to the surface of the plating and show as tarnish.

However, Josh's site says it's gold plate over stainless steel. I suppose his description could be complete crap.

Or my description could be off. I really havent had that much time to research the topic. :pardon:

This is what I could gather In a few minutes of looking around. Im sure there is much more to it.

Mike

Surely this is not this watch ?

1.jpg

It is not same watch.,.. check the CP size and shape, dot`s on bezel, CG etc.

TO:.Tintin2, from who did you got it? From pic`s it is better then new 305, worth buyin IMHO.

For rep 7750 mov CP is too good, and date window hole cut is too clean....

I am confused..

3823.jpg

GEN:

panerai-luminor-submersible-1950-3-days-bronzo-pam00382-dial.jpg

Hey Mike, i saw it on risti.

DealStraps, that combo is only $103 including shipping

http://www.network54.com/Forum/674579/thread/1327401306/last-1327401306/DealStraps+%28+bronze+buckle+%29

Ya I love those H18 buckles... very nice.

I also like the Kain Heritage ones.. http://www.kainheritage.com/buckle/bk124b.html

Let me know if you find out what the buckles go for

Ian