When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

390 eye candy...

projectologist

Arrived to day... THANKS B!!!

Geez this is nice. I've been whining about the lever tip and a couple of other anticipated mods but now I don't feel any compulsion to do them. The overall fit and finish of this one is so good I don't care smile1.gif Well executed gold Pre-V style hands and a flattened CP???... gimme a break :)

Edit... Close-up pic of "6" post #8

Sitting in my car on my lunch break after putting on the Azz strap...

390oo.jpg

Some more iPhone pics, the sausage lume is just right, not flattened and very close to gen.

Using the iPhone app Camera+...

390mm.jpg

390nn.jpg

390pp.jpg

:bounce:

mine didn't make it out before CNY; i'm dying here waiting for mine :shutup2:

deltatahoe

oh, very nice pics :D

Thanks guys... it's crazy when I think back a couple of years and how much time and money I would spend to end up with a watch like this... now it's just a click away for under $300 and you're essentially done.

R-

Did they get the dial color and finish correct? Is this one the best out of the box rep ever? I have never seen you this complementary on a rep. You're scaring me. :)

Be afraid... be very afraid :)

Seriously, all I've got to look forward to working on with this one is refinishing it after it's got a couple of scratches from desk diving. After my 201/A project is done, I'm not sure what I'm going to do... LOL

I've have a local friend with a gen 390, so a side by side comparison will happen soon... stay tuned! Hopefully it won't burst my bubble with this one. I'm holding off final judgment based only on random pics for comparison.

Be afraid... be very afraid :)

Seriously, all I've got to look forward to working on with this one is refinishing it after it's got a couple of scratches from desk diving. After my 201/A project is done, I'm not sure what I'm going to do... LOL

I've have a local friend with a gen 390, so a side by side comparison will happen soon... stay tuned! Hopefully it won't burst my bubble with this one. I'm holding off final judgment based only on random pics for comparison.

I can't wait. The thought of the gen and rep in your hands at the same time scares me. :) But I know the comparison will be fabulous. The 390 is all dial and that dial is either spot on and it is a great rep or it is off and IMHO it is a bust. Of course, per usual .... great pics.

Is the pam 390 from H-factory or Noob-factory? When I check the 111M ultimate tear down thread, Noob seam to do a better job.. Is that correct?

This one is from the H factory. They have been known to rise to the occasion from time to time :)

Your watch strap goes perfectly with the brown dial. Could you tell me who makes it and what model it is?

Great pictures by the way.

tominjo is right... OEM strap that's included with the gen 390. It has a couple of months of patina on it.

The lume is really off from what I can gather from the experts. http://www.repgeek.c...ad.php?t=163325

Not really way off. Sausage in respect to that it's raised above the dial surface, in this case only slightly and not as domed as on as 005 for instance. Differences are so slight that they can only be noticed on a macro level. Last time I was out in public I didn't run into anyone with a jeweler's loupe :)

As far as the color being darker, I didn't see that when I got a chance to see the gen today. Could be the lighting one of the posters was under when he made that observation.

Also, you have to factor in inconsistent lume application with reps in general. QC is not something the factories make priority-one :(

As far as the color being darker, I didn't see that when I got a chance to see the gen today. Could be the lighting one of the posters was under when he made that observation.

so did you have the two side by side B? if so, any more thoughts / conclusions? sounds like this one might be a winner :tu:

deltatahoe