When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bk tw sub bezel bezel insert vs gen insert pic request.

Erict719

In terms of pearl, no one gets It right at the moment, there all just too dark looking at completely out of shape, they don't even resemble the genuine pearls in anyway what so ever, it's not even a hard thing to get right, sorry old boy.

To be honest I made a better pearl then the onethat came on my Rolex sub c,I managed to get the colour right and the dome affect, though it's far from perfect

I'm not really an expert far from it in fact but I do have a fetish about the pearls lol, well I'll say one thing depending on how good the guy is at the AS he or she would always be able to differentiate between replica and gen, if they can't then they got no right working there lol, but that's with experts in terms of average Joe in the street then no bloody way would they be able to tell even on close inspection until they actually open the back of the case to look at the movement,I will say of you do walk in to an AS just do long as you don't get too close then I highly doubt that they would be able to tell the difference,I walked in to my local Rolex dealer and the old man said nice ceramic, lets just say I changed the subject quickly lol

Meant AD not AS, bloody Swype lol

The problem with all the rep pearls on modern rolex reps (meaning reps of modern rolex watches) is that they lack the sapphire lens the gen has. The gen is a little white gold pot filled with Superluminova and closed with a sapphire lid. Same setup as you can find it in your kitchen but a lot smaller *gg*

As soon as the rep makers find a way to replicate the little sapphire lid they are there IMO. There are already very good bezel inserts available with correct dimensions and fonts but they all come with the typical crappy pearl :(

A gen Insert is the best solution there is no other way.

It's worth every penny, much better quality and more durable than the best Rep Insert.

That's correct, and the fact that you can buy a gen insert for very little money makes it a no brainer for me. The watchmaterial pearl has gen like construction, but the lume is off and worse..it's too small. I have used them though.

You can usually find a gen insert for 100-150$. In fact, I got really lucky and bought a gen insert in like new condition for 55$ including shipping a few months back.

I hope like everyone else... that rep makers figure out how to make a good pearl someday..but until that happens.. gen all the way.