When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with old MBW 5513 case

rolexmaniac88

Dear fellow members,

Long time no see, flooded with work, had the opportunity to move to the US, lived there for 8 months before returning to Europe and maybe coming back in a few months ;), I didn't have much time to share with the forum. I'm sorry for that.

As some of you may remember (or not), I was lucky enough to get Ubi to assemble a 5513 based on parts I had gotten. 2 years in the project, I finally found a pair of genuine 580 endlinks, only thing missing for a great watch. I got them this morning and guess what, they don't fit!!!!! :bicycle: :cc_hang:

I was under the impression genuine 580 endlinks would fit a old MBW case (or any mbw for that matter). I tried everything, with bracelet or just endlink and lug bar. Apparently, I can't get the lug bar to align with the lughole. I can't get them to fit in really.

Does anyone has any clues? any remedy? Otherwise, I would either have to find other endlinks (but come on, I now have a full genuine 93150 bracelet) or I'm thinking of selling the bracelet for $$$ and getting a really nice cordovan leather bracelet that would give the watch some edge!!!

What do you think?

Thanks guys :thumbsupsmileyanim:

PS: I'll try and find some time soon to do a proper review of the watch but I have a shitty camera at the moment.

Dear fellow members,

Long time no see, flooded with work, had the opportunity to move to the US, lived there for 8 months before returning to Europe and maybe coming back in a few months ;), I didn't have much time to share with the forum. I'm sorry for that.

As some of you may remember (or not), I was lucky enough to get Ubi to assemble a 5513 based on parts I had gotten. 2 years in the project, I finally found a pair of genuine 580 endlinks, only thing missing for a great watch. I got them this morning and guess what, they don't fit!!!!! :bicycle: :cc_hang:

I was under the impression genuine 580 endlinks would fit a old MBW case (or any mbw for that matter). I tried everything, with bracelet or just endlink and lug bar. Apparently, I can't get the lug bar to align with the lughole. I can't get them to fit in really.

Does anyone has any clues? any remedy? Otherwise, I would either have to find other endlinks (but come on, I now have a full genuine 93150 bracelet) or I'm thinking of selling the bracelet for $$$ and getting a really nice cordovan leather bracelet that would give the watch some edge!!!

What do you think?

Thanks guys :thumbsupsmileyanim:

PS: I'll try and find some time soon to do a proper review of the watch but I have a shitty camera at the moment.

maybe they were not drilled straight or large enough. if ubi did it however i doubt this to be the case.

sometimes they need a bit of wiggling to get them [the bars] to 'snap in' . but yes maybe theyre not gen endlinks or the case you bought was not an MBW. was it a POLEX L342 XXX ? if you hold the endlinks against the case are they too tall slightly rising above the lugs? if this is true then they are not genuine

After much consideration, and trying every possible way, when I put the endlink between the lugs and look through the hole, I can see through the opposite hole but at the same time I can see that the alignment isn't perfect with the inner holes from the endlink. Therefore, I guess, a small piece of metal is the only thing in the way of those springbars actually springing in!

Thus, I'll probably sell my full 93150 bracelet, get some $$$ and wear this beauty on a cordovan leather.

Thanks all for your input and let me know if you see an alternative solution!