When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

42mm PO QC - another noob thread

rufio1

Hi Everyone,

This is a great forum and I want to thank you guys for being a such good source for information. :)

After doing some research and reading, I have decided to buy my first omega PO replica (asian movement) from a recommended vendor. Anyway, I have looked over all the QC pictures and on a whole the watch is beautiful. My nitpicks are the pearl alignment (a tiny bit to the right, maybe due to the camera angle) and the white substance just below the bezel from 12 to 3 o'clock (likely just dust). Is there anything special I should look for when reviewing the photos?

I'm so very eager to tell them to just SHIP IT (it looks good!), but I figure a little patience and help from the pros might go a long way. Thanks :)

post-42389-0-93070900-1328175094.jpg

post-42389-0-46903400-1328175101.jpg

post-42389-0-08288400-1328175106.jpg

post-42389-0-93638700-1328175111.jpg

post-42389-0-05787600-1328175117.jpg

defo great choice for a first buy, they are great out of the box. you can get much better placed bezel pearls than that, usually it can be the close up shot making it look out of place and in reality it looks fine when you recieve it-but that one is definately too far to the right. its no big deal to ask for another example to hopfully get a better looking bezel-but ofcourse if your happy overall then accept, wear and enjoy :)

The red line is just the circular sticky see-thru film that protects the caseback from scratches from the factory, I'm guessing the dealer removed it for the close up to show the engravings then replaced it for shipping.

Yeah, looks great, like the choice of strap! The pearl is ever such a tiny bit off centre but it looks more prominent than it is due to the first pic being 3 times the size of the watch. It looks great, wouldn't worry about the pearl on that, it's nice an flush and you can move the bezel insert slightly to the right if it bothers you, looks like the pearl hole is slightly enlarged left on the first pic throwing it off, if it really bothers you ask for another but wouldn't worry bout it. You won't even notice it when it's on the wrist.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the pearl is a bit off, but think about how that will translate into the watch you'll actually be wearing. On my screen, you can see its about 1 mm off, however, remember that the diameter of the watch is going to be 42 mm, which is a lot smaller than you'd think, and it'll only be somewhat noticeable. However, since these are just the QC pics, like everyone said, if you want them to swap it out or whatever, feel free, you're the one that is going to wear it and we all want you to be happy with your purchase :)