When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just ordered an new rep, but not a watch!

andreww

So after a couple of weeks of research, I finally ordered my next rep. Only this time it isn't a watch, its a couple of pairs of Solo HD Beats by Dr Dre. These things are pretty pricey, about $250 a pair at the applestore, and the fact that I'm not really an audiophile led me to go the rep route. Most accounts put the reps on par with the gen for sound quality anyway, and I was just looking for a stylin set of cans that wouldn't break the budget! While I was at it I ordered a second set for my son :).

Anyway, i'll do a review when the show up if anyone is interested!

1317561491.jpg

These things are pretty pricey, about $250 a pair at the applestore, and the fact that I'm not really an audiophile led me to go the rep route.

Wow.. Do you dare share your source (PM is fine to)

Edited by henrik_6

pssst do not argue with audiophiles

LOL, I'm finding that buying re headphones is very similar to buying rep watches. There are no end of watch snobs out there that will tell you that all reps are crap. Similarly, audiophiles won't give rep beats the time of day, they don't take the real ones seriously for that matter. My standards aren't that high as I haven't used anything beter than the stock apple earbuds, so I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed sound wise. But I have tried the gens and the sound quality is pretty decent, so hopefully these will be pretty close.

Update: The seller was very helpful and allowed me to pay via paypal even though it was not listed on his site. Once I'd made my decision as to what I wanted, I received a link to a dhgate.com payment page with itemized list and pictures of what I'd ordered. I made payment and within a few hours received a tracking number. All good so far!

I've heard that audiophiles shouldn't be confused with music lovers, and that they aren't so bothered about the music being played, but the quality and fidelity with which the sound of the music is being presented. As above, every hobby has it's purists :good::drinks:

I've heard that audiophiles shouldn't be confused with music lovers, and that they aren't so bothered about the music being played, but the quality and fidelity with which the sound of the music is being presented. As above, every hobby has it's purists :good::drinks:

nice excuse..you cant hear "your favorite music you love" even close to how it was recorded if your headphones/system simply sucks. and dr dre is overhyped overmarketed fashion product pretends to be hifi, you'are basically buying an overpriced crap.and yes, gave benefit of the doubt and tried them. it has HD logo on its box which is pretty hilarious since audio cant be " high definition", should be "high fidelity" hifi, but they know its nothing close to hifi so they stamp HD on it to fool clueless buyers..they dont even provide frequency charts. i cant even imagine how fakes ones will sound...

of course there will be always some retard who wants highest quality sound just to have the best of something just to hear some crappy music but everybody to his own

if you dont want to waste your money and want to have some real headphones with real sound i recommend these

sennheiser hd650 - open cans with great airy sound. it wont match your skater outfit but u shouldnt wear cans outdoors anyway

shure srh840- didnt buy them but very good closed cans, similar to se535

for outdoors there are great in-ears i recommend,

shure se535- best vocals- 3 armature drivers

sennheiser ie80 - best overall sound with single dynamic driver

i owned many cans and in-ears from various brands with different systems but i stuck only with these 3 above

nice excuse..you cant hear "your favorite music you love" even close to how it was recorded if your headphones/system simply sucks. and dr dre is overhyped overmarketed fashion product pretends to be hifi, you'are basically buying an overpriced crap.and yes, gave benefit of the doubt and tried them. it has HD logo on its box which is pretty hilarious since audio cant be " high definition", should be "high fidelity" hifi, but they know its nothing close to hifi so they stamp HD on it to fool clueless buyers..they dont even provide frequency charts. i cant even imagine how fakes ones will sound...

of course there will be always some retard who wants highest quality sound just to have the best of something just to hear some crappy music but everybody to his own

if you dont want to waste your money and want to have some real headphones with real sound i recommend these

sennheiser hd650 - open cans with great airy sound. it wont match your skater outfit but u shouldnt wear cans outdoors anyway

shure srh840- didnt buy them but very good closed cans, similar to se535

for outdoors there are great in-ears i recommend,

shure se535- best vocals- 3 armature drivers

sennheiser ie80 - best overall sound with single dynamic driver

i owned many cans and in-ears from various brands with different systems but i stuck only with these 3 above

No excuse at all, simply an accurate description of an audiophile: someone who cares more about the quality and presentation of the sound than the sound itself.. And as for 'sucks', I've never listened to music on high quality equipment, I've never had the money or means to do so, and always made do with the head or ear phones which came with the Walkman/minidisc/iDevice I happened to buy, and I've always found it adequate for my needs :pardon: I wasn't trying to put audiophiles down, I just know that I'm not one, nor have any intent on being one. I'm sure I'd appreciate listening to stuff on a high end set up, but at the end of the day, it's just not a subject I really care about :pardon: I was simply curious as to how these rep headphones would perform (not because I want a pair) as a matter of interest :) Thanks for the hardware recommendations though :good::drinks:

Hi Andreww. I'm somewhat of a headphone audiophie myself. Nothing spectacular, but I do own a set of Westone UM2s. Ultimate Ears 700's, Shure SE210s and some old e2c's :) (and a pair of Bose OE headphones). Dylan did a great youtube review of the Monster Beats Pros and Studios (replicas).

So tempting that it prompted me to buy a pair of the replica studios. I paid 75 bucks total with shipping included. They sound great and I was even able to register the serial number for warranty service on the beats website! (impressive). I listen to these when I just want incredible bass shaking my brain. They don't come close to the clarity of my Westones or Ultimate ears, but they're fun to listen to if you like hip hop, soul, r&b, funk. Rock sounds a bit too muffled on them. I'm a huge jimi hendrix fan, and refuse to listen to Jimi, RHCP, Metallica, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, etc... on my beats.

here's Dylan's post from back in September http://www.rwg.cc/to...ost__p__1019723

his video can be found here:

I may be a little confused here, since I'm new to rep anything. But why would someone buy replica electronics. Namely these headphones? If we are being honest, is it really more for the aesthetics and status of wearing "cool" headphones out somewhere?

I'm not being a snob, I promise. I'm just trying to see if I'm missing something.

Because for a little more than what you're paying for these reps, you could most likely get something that would blow these out of the water in terms of fidelity (or even bass response if that's your bag).