When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek Jumbo Rep?

thomasng

Dude-

Where have you been? Come and gone from Watchmaster. PM him on TRC. Maybe he still has one. :)

No, WM's is the one without the PR and has stick markers, I just noticed it today. The roman numeral one with PR is my dream come true! Pissing my pants in excitement! :Jumpy:

I had a genuine one before, but sold it off quite quickly because of the profit opportunity.

• 4 weeks later...

Admin - I'm astonished.

You have so many beautiful watches... and Patek have made so many beautiful watches... but this thing?

OK - it is personal taste.. but I find it incredibly ugly, whether real or rep. So hard to believe that this monstrosity could have come from Patek.

But whatever floats your boat. You probably wouldn't like some of my watches, either. It takes all sorts.

I'll make a bet with you. If you do get this watch... I bet you sell it or trade it within six months. Virtually unworn.

Admin - I'm astonished.

You have so many beautiful watches... and Patek have made so many beautiful watches... but this thing?

OK - it is personal taste.. but I find it incredibly ugly, whether real or rep. So hard to believe that this monstrosity could have come from Patek.

But whatever floats your boat. You probably wouldn't like some of my watches, either. It takes all sorts.

I'll make a bet with you. If you do get this watch... I bet you sell it or trade it within six months. Virtually unworn.

How come I'm inclined to agree with you? I had a real 3710 a while ago, and it was out of my house again as fast as you could say "Nautilus" (literally, I had one for 2 days and got rid of it), mainly because it wasn't particularly good looking and it was way too expensive for what it was.

I guess I want the rep because it's cheaper and more justifiable than paying $19,000 for the genuine one, then I could probably live with it's ugliness, because I just love GG's designs- Especially the Royal Oak. :wub:

Best,

T.