When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So I shipped the Cartier I just sold to Miami...

tabularasa415

and our forum brother and purchaser sent me a PM concerned as the tracking told him it was out for delivery in my zip code. Ah, how the U.S. postal service is really starting to reflect their growing budget constraints. Thank God I insured it for the full amount of purchase. Let's hope it finds its way to Miami for its new owner. He definitely prefers the watch to a refund.

Moral of this story: The USPS is really starting to suck an egg, so insure insure insure....

--Jer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your item is out for delivery at 8:03 am on February 03, 2012 in COLUMBUS, OH 43214.

-Sorting Complete, February 03, 2012, 7:53 am, COLUMBUS, OH 43214

-Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility, February 02, 2012, 8:47 pm, COLUMBUS, OH 43218

-Acceptance (APC), February 02, 2012, 4:19 pm, COLUMBUS, OH 43214

-Arrival at Post Office, February 02, 2012, 4:17 pm, COLUMBUS, OH 43214

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tracking had actually been pretty spot-on for me up until about the last couple of months. In that time I've had two packages come over from China that tracking had them wandering all over the country for weeks and the last one showed up on my doorstep when tracking said it had been sent to Fresno! Also, both of the last two packages never showed as making a trip through Customs...

Had a problem in December on an inbound Christmas present ... Somebody at USPS "revised" the tracking info. One day it was out for delivery, the next day that info had disappeared. I was at home all day during the day it was "out for delivery" and checked the mailbox within minutes of the postman coming. There was no attempt to deliver.

I ended up calling customer service in Washington DC the following day... I figured it would be a stronger play for interest on the package to come from Post Office brass in DC vs. coming from me a local customer. I also figured that tampering with delivery updates might be a no no and i wanted DC to check and see if the locals had messed up. Interesting thing.. within 3hrs of calling DC a local post office truck shows up and drops my package. This was NOT the route truck.. it was a special delivery made by somebody doing clean up duty. ... hmmmm ?

Moral of the story.. nobody cares about your package like you. If you've got trouble, call the guys who have a say on whether somebody gets a raise or a promotion.

2 weeks ago I shipped some collectable coins from an Ebay sale via USPS .. 5 envelopes packaged identically and the local guys managed to rip one open and Loose the coin.. I was really pissssed because I had paid to have them cancelled by hand which was an extra charge and was supposed to keep them from sending my envelopes through their automatic sorting machine... doesn't look like that happened. I had my customer send me pics of the envelope.

Damage Pic:

ENv22ebayDamage.jpg

Luckily the coin was not super high value.. I refunded the guy's money but unfortunately I had no replacement for him.

The US Postal Service tracking system is a complete joke. I would ignore it. If the watch hasn't shown up by the end of next week, then have a look at the tracking info to see what they have to say.

I am with Red on this one.. The item may not have shipped out by mistake the first, but I can promise

you the intended delivery applicant will get his watch. Rarely do they loose, Sometimes they miship... ;)

MM

Yea, I'm in agreement that their tracking is awful. I've even had the post office tell me that they don't always scan each package. Then I just have to ask, what the F am I paying for then?

I sent a watch back to Andrew that arrived a week ago. The tracking on it still says it hasn't been delivered. And that is expensive registered mail. I'm going in and getting a refund on the shipping if it never shows delivered. I know it has been delivered because Andrew told me it had, but I mean seriously, I spent $25 to ship a watch registered mail and they have no idea.

He received it Saturday... ahead of the expected delivery date of Monday!

Yup. And that is exactly my point. I ordered a watch from Josh once and when I put the EMS tracking number in the USPS site it said there was no info for that shipment yet. Next thing I know, it's arrived on my doorstep and when I checked the tracking number again, it showed up as shipment is being processed in the sorting facility.