When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can you help me QA my QC pictures?

vandal.tbh

It's probably just lint on the bezel...but just to be sure I would bring It to the dealers attention anyway. Just In case It's a small scratch... better safe than sorry.

The pearls on these things are getting better and better...very nice PO

Good luck. :)

Mike

I'd ask Andrew about that bezel mark first.

One QC pic he sent me showed my wife's watch at -10s. I asked to have that fixed. Now runs, consistently, at +6s/24h.

He'll take care if you, pretty certain.

But, nice ticker.

He asks not to share pics. Wonder why? Maybe I'll show my PAM177 in

Vandal's 177 thread. Sheet, what's he gonna do? Watch is in the mail. :)

Nice watch BTW. Very much so.

Please keep us posted on results if that bezel Eagle Eye Vandal noted.

Edited by GooseRoo

Yea, I'm not sure why he asks not to put up QC pics. He puts QC pics up right on the website listing and aside from the order number, which I blurred out, they're almost the exact same.

I'll take the photos down tonight just to respect his wishes, but I wanted to get opinions from people who've been doing this longer than me.

@Seeaye, yes it's the 42mm.

Yep best to take the photos down after the job is done, but don't worry too much about putting them up in the first place. They simply don't like it because originally when they all started doing QC pics there was a monumental amount thrown onto all the forums and this started a week long teardown of every single square mm of the each pic on every watch :) ....and then some noob would come along and reject their one due to some microscopic flaw that you could barely see under lab conditions :D The dealers were doing their nut over this!

Well this is a little exaggeration above but you can see their point :)

Yep best to take the photos down after the job is done, but don't worry too much about putting them up in the first place. They simply don't like it because originally when they all started doing QC pics there was a monumental amount thrown onto all the forums and this started a week long teardown of every single square mm of the each pic on every watch :) ....and then some noob would come along and reject their one due to some microscopic flaw that you could barely see under lab conditions :D The dealers were doing their nut over this!

Well this is a little exaggeration above but you can see their point :)

Yea, it's funny how much more you can see in the photos than up close in person. When my DSSD photos came, I saw a small smudge near the pearl. Once it arrived I couldn't see it so I thought it had been wiped off. Then I was looking at it through some reading glasses right up next to a light, and there it was! I could barely see it at all and it was pretty evident in the pictures. Of course it was just a smudge and wiped right off.

The other thing I noticed is that the steel of the case and band looks much more bland and washed out in the photos than it does in real life. I was so pleasantly surprised by how nice they looked when my watches arrived. But I can see how someone who hadn't received a rep before could nit-pick the photos with every little piece of dust. When I look at the photos, I just do a check for big things and make sure it's the watch I ordered. I know it must be a little frustrating for the dealers, but I really do appreciate the QC pictures. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling that everything's on track, and I think it adds a nice personal touch to the customer service. I know we're not paying thousands of dollars for each watch, but they're not exactly cheap either and it's nice to get that personal touch!

Yea, I'm not sure why he asks not to put up QC pics. He puts QC pics up right on the website listing and aside from the order number, which I blurred out, they're almost the exact same.

I'll take the photos down tonight just to respect his wishes, but I wanted to get opinions from people who've been doing this longer than me.

@Seeaye, yes it's the 42mm.

I asked him before putting up my QC pics. He seemed okay with it. I think it depends on the forum. Either way, he certainly have nothing to be ashamed of looking at our QC pics. Both watches looked quite nice imo. I know I might sound like a broken records, but Andrew is incredibly willing to help and dealing with him is a pleasure.

They don't like them put on any forum, it's more got to do with delays and time limits than anything, they don't want nitpicking and delaying for days, especially when it takes time to process qc in the first place. Hence the reason they say they will ship said watch within 24hrs without approval if you don't get back to them. Many forumites are divided on whether they should allowed or not, there was even a big discussion recently on the forum about it.

I agree, QC pics are great, there was a time when none were offered, and it was really a bit of a lucky dip as to what you'd receive.