When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Clearance Delay...

jonas

Well, this was really too good to be true, but now I could need some advice from my fellow members with more expirience than me. My last shipment seems to be stucked in customs in Oslo airport. What would you do when the status showed "Clearance delay" 48 hours after the shipment arrived final destination?

a: call Fedex and ask them, or

b: sit still and hope for the best

Get on a plane and go see what the Hell is going on. . .

;)

Excellent advice watchdude...hmm. No need for a plane though, as I live nearby. Still considering the over-confident approach, meet up in person asking WTF is taking so long. A package of 0,9 kg shouldn't under any circumstances take 48 hoursdays to clear, not even considering the competence level in Norwegian customs... :nonono:

Nah, think I'll sit on my hands instead.

Excellent advice watchdude...hmm. No need for a plane though, as I live nearby. Still considering the over-confident approach, meet up in person asking WTF is taking so long. A package of 0,9 kg shouldn't under any circumstances take 48 hoursdays to clear, not even considering the competence level in Norwegian customs... :nonono:

Nah, think I'll sit on my hands instead.

Likely a better approach. :bleh:

Well, this was really too good to be true, but now I could need some advice from my fellow members with more expirience than me. My last shipment seems to be stucked in customs in Oslo airport. What would you do when the status showed "Clearance delay" 48 hours after the shipment arrived final destination?

a: call Fedex and ask them, or

b: sit still and hope for the best

Call.

I have had some items (shipped UPS, Fedex and EMS) which tracking stated arrived at Oslo AP for several days. Actually shipper had tried to deliver to my domestic address, but nobody to answer the bell. A nice phone call redirected them to deliver at my office address (no extra charge).

If you have an actuel customs issue "they" will catch up with you anyway.

With Posten (EMS), DHL, Fedex and UPS it will always show on the tracking info if they have tried to deliver to you. In this case I believe the tracking stated that the package was held up in customs.

Ok, so I called Fedex - they have stopped the package for check, it was not cleared yet. She would like to put me through to the person actual handling my case, but I said, don't bother, I'll just wait for the clearance.... :whistling:

Guess I can wave goodbye to both the Ingenieur and the PO for this time. :(

Well, if this is the game, I'll just have to live with it. I wonder what will happen with the package now...

Funny, I was of the opinion that customs did their work, and that the Logistic company would mind their own business. How naive of me.

But of course, It's hope in the hanging snore, as a legendary Soccer-trainer replied in the CL 1.stage some years ago...

Be calm, you will probably get your watches. Be prepared to pay Norwegian VAT (moms).

Well, now I am calm. Fedex needed an invoice, so I gave them one, he he. The customs were about to contact the sender about this issue, no need for that.... What made me think is that Fedex stated that the customs after the "x-ray" was suspicious about the Probably don't need to describe it this well, Ken, maybe this is not the best way to pack these babies anymore. Also 3 packages from the same sender was something that made them :g:

Can't stop staring at these two watches, what can I say.... Ingy and PO both totally blew me off the chair :harp: Nothing wrong with my first replica (Avenger Ti), but the feeling of these two really was something else. Will post pictures, but must read the post about how taking good watch pictures first :bye1:

Thanks for all the advices.

Well, now I am calm. Fedex needed an invoice, so I gave them one, he he. The customs were about to contact the sender about this issue, no need for that.... What made me think is that Fedex stated that the customs after the "x-ray" was suspicious about the Probably don't need to describe it this well, Ken, maybe this is not the best way to pack these babies anymore. Also 3 packages from the same sender was something that made them :g:

Can't stop staring at these two watches, what can I say.... Ingy and PO both totally blew me off the chair :harp: Nothing wrong with my first replica (Avenger Ti), but the feeling of these two really was something else. Will post pictures, but must read the post about how taking good watch pictures first :bye1:

Thanks for all the advices.

Glad to hear it worked out. As I said, I've received about 30 watches or so, and not one has been seized by customs, even though a great deal of them have been opened.

Regards