When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Black-bird Chronomat (gen)

Timepiece

Ever since my last post on a mystery Breiting (an out-of-production Crosswind model), I've caught the Breitling virus. I just must have one... :victory:

I found this beautiful model:

141832-16784.jpg

Breitling Black-Bird Chronomat stainless-steel Automatic Chronograph with date. Black dial with luminous hour markers and hands. Mens size ~ 38mm case with uni-direction rotating bezel. This is a special edition model with matt-steel case. Dial is also signed "Series Speciale Blackbird". Black resin band & buckle by Breitling. Sapphire anti-glare crystal. Screw-lock crown.

Would you want this one as a rep too??! :Jumpy:

Edited by Timepiece

hmm..nice strap! maybe i shld put a nylon or a carbon fibre strap w white/cream stitch on my black bird! ;)

141878-16763.jpg

141878-16764.jpg

141878-16765.jpg

141878-16766.jpg

141878-16767.jpg

141878-16768.jpg

mine's from the first batch (1997) w a diff chrono seconds hand, non COSC and a diff date wheel. there are quite a few versions of the blackbird actually, baton or numeral markers, first, second, third and fourth editions, etc. the edition before the blackbird was discontinued has a different case, pushers, crown, bezel and bracelet. looks better imho. the new blackbird uses a big date chrono movement in the evolution case which does not appeal to me at all..

hmm..nice strap! maybe i shld put a nylon or a carbon fibre strap w white/cream stitch on my black bird! ;)

mine's from the first batch (1997) w a diff chrono seconds hand, non COSC and a diff date wheel. there are quite a few versions of the blackbird actually, baton or numeral markers, first, second, third and fourth editions, etc. the edition before the blackbird was discontinued has a different case, pushers, crown, bezel and bracelet. looks better imho. the new blackbird uses a big date chrono movement in the evolution case which does not appeal to me at all..

I think I agree with you on this one: old over new (sorry Rolexman) and try it on with a black strap.

Great wrist shot with that bomber (like) leather jacket sleeve!!

Nice AR shine.

What rep do you think, comes closest to the blackbird; an Avenger Chrono?

• 4 weeks later...