When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Transit time taking longer than in the past. Is this something to expect after CNY?

lwoods

I understand that patience is the name of the game. I'm just not good at that part yet! I have fallen into the trap of checking the tracking info for an update 5 and 6 times a day. Anywho...

In the past when I have ordered, once the watch left China, it hit California about 12 hours later. This one seems to have left, but never arrived. This time, I'm going on 2 1/2 days since it left China. USPS doesn't have it and the EMS doesn't say it is in customs. Is this normal, or should I be concerned?

Thanks!

For reference, this is a previous order.

post-41464-0-93880600-1328802204.png

This is the one I am referring to.

post-41464-0-68553700-1328802343.png

Good to know. Thanks! I would imagine the shipping centers are absolutely brutally busy and will be for a while. Now if I could stop looking at the damned tracking site every couple hours, I'd be golden!

Edited by lwoods

USPS seems to not have received the package yet. I figured it was still with EMS, but in the past, it has been in customs now.

I still assume I am just being impatient, but I am confused. It seems that no one has the package???

"Processed Through Sort Facility" on USPS = "Despatch from sorting Center" on EMS.

Edited by lwoods

I ordered a watch over the CNY. It shipped on Feb 3, stayed in china customs till the 8th, and now is somewhere in transit. Just a guess but there may have been a lot of backed up packages in china and the post is taking longer than usual. I know it's impossible, but be patient and your watch will eventually arrive.

Think it's a combination of lags on the system and th CNY..... I sent my watch back on January 11, USPS said it was delivered to the vendor on the 16th I'm thinking sweet that was fast, I contacted the vendor and he hadn't seen it... well to make a long wait short the vendor emailed me last night that it had got there... 27 days after USPS Said it was delivered

I have the same issue too. My last package didn't get out of customs for 5 days. It wa just after Chinese New Year.

Express Mail International®

Inbound Into Customs

Proof of Delivery

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 09, 2012, 1:52 pm

ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS) 

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility

February 07, 2012, 11:05 pm

GUANGZHOU, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Check on Another Item