When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First Gen Pam

premiumdesigners

I assumed everyone here were fans of watches in general. If everyone is so averse to gens........

Completely missing the point!

no price should have been mentioned.

And there, ladies and germs, IS the point. I would go further and say no mention of the method and nature of payment was necessary, unless it was done to out the AD as blatant rip-off merchants. Oh, and what exactly was the idea behind kicking the thread off with a picture of a rep rather than the actual piece? What purpose did the initial post serve? What impressions of the thread starter did it all present...? :g:

PS. The point about price range with reps is invalid as there is no RRP or distributorship contracts involved, and none of our dealers in my experience ask for a premium on their posted price on the fly when we send them a PM or email expressing interest.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol - ok, I said I wasnt gonna post again, but after a few PM's, realized I can't let a handful of individuals ruin this fun for me.

ill say this, jimmy's CG are DAMN close. And very little differences on the case itself. The dial stands out. You can see the quality of the watch on the dial. The lume I thought would be brighter, maybe last a little longer than a finepics lume, but its really not that much better. The greenish hue on the numerals also stands out. The crown looks thin, compare to the palp crown I have on my 111h.

143419-16331.jpg

143419-16332.jpg

143419-16333.jpg

143419-16334.jpg

143419-16335.jpg

143419-16336.jpg

143419-16337.jpg

143419-16338.jpg

143419-16339.jpg

Love that dial. Crowns on 44mm automatics PAMs (exception to Subs models) seemed to be smaller in size when compared to manual winding PAMs (ie. 111, 112, etc). Palp crown is 2.2mm and I believe the gen manual winding ones falls betwn 2.0-2.1mm. Palp crown def. looks delicious. I could almost taste it. :bleh: Thanks for the post. Love the comparison shots.

I think it's a great watch :thumbsupsmileyanim: and I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a long time!

For me, I post whatever I buy, rep or gen, good or bad... I try not to talk about price... rep OR gen, it's kinda personal.

I've made good purchases and some bad ones too LOL... Remember the mini fiddy??? Top dollar for junk :angry:

I see no problem discussing anything watches here, and really, I find this to be more of a 'watch forum' than just a 'rep forum'...

The amount of knowledge about ALL watches in general here is amazing... much more so than on most of the gen forums... PLUS it's a great bunch of people gathered.

We all make mistakes, sometimes say the wrong thing or the right thing the wrong way... In the end, it doesn't really matter :whistling:

I find some of the comments here to Premiumdesigners quite offensive... You don't go calling someone a moron for anything like this... that's just completely out of line and in very bad form... Get a clue :blink:

Anyway, enjoy your watch and enjoy swapping straps... Especially enjoy life :thumbsupsmileyanim:

lets just move on man...

There is still one unresolved issue here ie. the identity of the authorised dealer that is breaking distributorship contract terms. However, I guess it won't be a problem for the more astute members here who may be unfortunate enough to stumble across said salesperson with their hand out, making unsubtle coughing noises. I'm sure we will respond accordingly, so ok - we'll let it drop.

@Quarks - crown on automatic PAMs with date is indeed thinner to allow it to come out far enough to 'hack' seconds.

Edit to add...

as you foreign [censored]s say

How did I miss that?! Irrespective of the thread content, the above retort is nauseating, reprehensible and offensive to the overwhelming majority of membership here. I would ask you to keep your small minded prejudices to yourself in future. A warning at least is warranted, regardless of your hurt feelings.

My experience in a strap sale with premiumdesigners was not the best someone could have but still even if I am not quite fond of him I believe some of the comments here were quite hard as Aaron said...

He made a mistake that costed him money.. no one wants to talk about it and definately no one wants to admit it especially if people attack him.

Enjoy your new watch..

Enjoy your new watch..

Somehow I don't think he'll enjoy it as much if the compliments he's been blatantly fishing for since page one don't roll in. The ownership experience isn't what he was anticipating ie. lots of fawning and cooing from the 'foreign [censored]s'. Going by the PM's I have received from him the unexpectededly negative but foreseeable reaction is what is upsetting him more.

Well, tough [censored], prem. Ask yourself why instead of trying to find out what is wrong with me for criticising your actions, behaviour and attitude. The intentions behind your initial post were highly misguided. Why post the rep pic? What is the significance of the overpaying and the 'low number', or are we just supposed to 'get it' that it makes you and your purchase more worthy?

Questions have been asked in this thread that you are refusing to answer - not satisfactory. You engaged in a transaction that may encourage further questionable behaviour by individuals acting outwith the terms of their agreement with their suppliers - not satisfactory.

Time for a re-evaluation of attitude, not a let-off. An apology for the arrogant nationalism is the least I expect.

r11co - you must of forgetten your PM to me - and I quote

Because baiting dumb Americans with more money than sense is a hobby of mine.

you're a jerk, plain and simple - get off my nuts, go ride someone else. I think I've already told you to go [censored] yourself. In case I havent, Go [censored] yourself!

and by the way, i never mentioned a price on any of my post. alot of assumptions made on responses.

Whatever, I'm happy with my purchase, thats all that matters.

Care to post what that was in response to? My reply is meaningless without your originating message.

So you keep saying, but it isn't all that matters, is it? You opened this can of worms, so at least have the decency to explain yourself without resorting to childish and ignorant insults, petulent behaviour and expletives. Is it because the truth is hurting that you feel the need to call us 'foreign [censored]s'? Is it because I (and others) didn't applaud your choice and 'low number' of model and your sacrifice of extra cash as a demonstration of your determination that you wish me to go [censored] myself?

Is it because I failed to deliver the right quantity of 'good karma' you were seeking and instead chose to point out a foolish act on your part that demeans every future potential Panerai customer in the eyes of your chosen Authorised dealer that you wish me to go ride someone else?

Boo hoo my naive friend. :cry:

If you don't intend to enlighten me as to what you were thinking about with the initial post (not an unreasonable request) then ask the thread be deleted as it serves no purpose except as a failed attempt to fulfill an urge for you to gratify yourself.

We could leave it here as a painful lesson to yourself and others, but I won't accept being fobbed off with your offensive remarks. I will, however, as a compromise let you cover up your mistake.

No, that's not all that matters.

You kissed us all goodbye a few posts ago- but now you are back!

If you are honestly happy with your puchase, well then, more power to you! You don't need to troll for approval here or anywhere. But if you still have self doubts apprroval must come from within, and not from the REPLICA Watch Group.

Sayonara.

Edited by Carl

:yawn:

No, that's not all that matters.

You kissed us all goodbye a few posts ago- but now you are back!

If you are honestly happy with your puchase, well then, more power to you! You don't need to troll for approval here or anywhere. But if you still have self doubts apprroval must come from within, and not from the REPLICA Watch Group.

Sayonara.

Some of you people have [censored]in' issues.

Too right. I for one object to myself and my friends being referred to as 'foreign [censored]s'. If you are backing prem's position on this then please say so and we can mark you down as another shallow nationalist ignoramous.

And this thread should be closed.

Binned, preferably.

Too right. I for one object to myself and my friends being referred to as 'foreign [censored]s'. If you are backing prem's position on this then please say so and we can mark you down as another shallow nationalist ignoramous.

Whatever r11co. I edited my post as not to add anymore fuel to this much heated argument.

Binned, preferably.

R11co.... we're ALL foreign [censored]s... there is no us & there is no them....

Yeesh :blink: You two should just get a room... Duke it out, or sodomize each other... Whatever ya do, just take it outside, will ya?

No wonder there are wars :bounce:

R11co.... we're ALL foreign [censored]s... there is no us & there is no them....

Yeesh :blink: You two should just get a room... Duke it out, or sodomize each other... Whatever ya do, just take it outside, will ya?

No wonder there are wars :bounce:

Yup they can fight over the foreign Swiss-made, Italian Panerai. :Jumpy:

Ooooooooooooooooooou.

Time for lunch...!

Exactly. This is a global forum. Any comment like the "foreign [censored]s" isnt needed. But comments like...

...doesnt show your burgeoning intelligence either.

But comments like...

...doesnt show your burgeoning intelligence either.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner! Thank you.

Just stop feeding the troll, they eventually go lookin for troll food elsewhere when they're not feed anymore...

Duke it out

Ohhh, I would pay a premium to have this jerk in front of me...OH what I would give!

Ok, so now back to our scheduled programming :lol: