When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yet another 390 pictorial - with a Ti twist

z3k0

Received 390 this Thursday from Josh ... I guess all about this watch is already said, in one word - amazing. But, gold hands and brown dial just ask for titanium case ... so, I got some spare time this weekend, and decided to pop 390 guts into 177M case. Result was very nice, as expected. I can't say I prefer Ti to SS or other way around - each is fabulous in its own way. Enough talking, I'll let the pictures speak ... enjoy

_MG_1391.jpg

_MG_1367.jpg

_MG_1370.jpg

_MG_1378.jpg

_MG_1395.jpg

_MG_1369.jpg

_MG_1366.jpg

_MG_1361.jpg

_MG_1392.jpg

_MG_1383.jpg

regards

Who knows, maybe Panerai makes some special edition like this in next few years :)

wow that is a nice combination! a little change from all the 390s we've been seeing lately. fantastic shots too, what photography setup are you using?

Quite basic setup - home made light-box (three pieces of milk-white plexi, some white paper and cardboard), two 100W halogen bulbs, cheap tripod, 7 year old Canon 350D body, Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 lens (actually most expensive piece in whole setup).

regards

... and then charge some insane LE price for it.

Better then that, you can actually ask dealers to have the factory assemble a custom rep like that for you. I would totally wear that a lot. B) Of course you can do it yourself :inverted: so awesomely, but for those who cannot it is an interesting option.

Who knows, maybe Panerai makes some special edition like this in next few years :) Quite basic setup - home made light-box (three pieces of milk-white plexi, some white paper and cardboard), two 100W halogen bulbs, cheap tripod, 7 year old Canon 350D body, Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 lens (actually most expensive piece in whole setup). regards
Edited by lfovco

Now that is a superb combination!! Well done!!

And +1 on the pics!!! They are outstanding! Did you do any post processing on them or is that straight out of the camera?

Also which strap is that? Did you get that one with the 390?

Strap is rep Assolutamente, I got it from Angus. It comes with PAM 386 rep, but for a while few dealers were able to source it separately.

As for pictures, I did some post processing, but nothing special, small increase in saturation and very light unsharp mask, resize and border, all in PS ... around 30 secs per pic :).

regards

• 1 month later...