When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why Is This So Hard To Find!

jnkay

I think this watch is gorgeous. Classy and sporty at once. But only one of our dealers carries it, and it, as well as all the other off-forum sites that carry it, doesn't have an accurate version. I mean, the case size isn't even correct, being 36mm versus the genuine 38.5mm, as the rep cases are based on another cartier watch.

See picture of gen, below. What do you all think?

142017-16726.jpg

Here with white rubber:

142017-16727.jpg

I think this Cartier is too feminine :yeah: but then the first wristwatch cartiers ever made was made by a homosexual for a homosexual friend that was also hapened to be a wildly popular pioneer aviator...guess who..yes it was our friend Mr. Santos

g. :)

I think this Cartier is too feminine :yeah: but then the first wristwatch cartiers ever made was made by a homosexual for a homosexual friend that was also hapened to be a wildly popular pioneer aviator...guess who..yes it was our friend Mr. Santos

g. :)

He he. I think Cartier mostly appeals to women, with the exception of this model w/ black strap, which is popular with men (but apparently not on this forum!), the solid gold models which some powerbroker types wear, and the metrosexuals who wear the men's versions of the stainless steel watches. Feel like I need to go to Cartier Anonymous to find someone who likes the chronoscaph, sheesh!

which is popular with men (but apparently not on this forum

Dont listen to my silly homophobia comments jnkay :) There is in fact a number of CARTIER watches that are popular on this forum :)

Dont listen to my silly homophobia comments jnkay :) There is in fact a number of CARTIER watches that are popular on this forum :)

A year or so ago, after the first Santos 100 reps came out, I posted a picture of one of the "Quuer Eye for a Straight Guy" stars wearing a 100. I seem to recall several members announced their intention of selling their Santos reps in the days following.

By the way, anyone want to buy a slightly worn two-tone Santos 100?

A year or so ago, after the first Santos 100 reps came out, I posted a picture of one of the "Quuer Eye for a Straight Guy" stars wearing a 100. I seem to recall several members announced their intention of selling their Santos reps in the days following.

By the way, anyone want to buy a slightly worn two-tone Santos 100?

:lol:

But dont forget its an historic piece of horology

Santos-Dumont and the wristwatch

The wristwatch had already been invented by Patek Philippe, decades earlier, but Santos-Dumont played an important role popularizing its use by men in the early 1900s. Before him they were generally worn only by women, as men favoured pocket watches. As a result, Brazilians consider Santos-Dumont the inventor of the wristwatch for men.

The story goes that in 1904, while celebrating his winning of the Deutsch Prize at Maxim's Restaurant, Santos-Dumont complained to his friend Louis Cartier about the difficulty of checking his pocket watch to time his performance during flight. Santos-Dumont then asked Cartier to come up with an alternative that would allow him to keep both hands on the controls. Cartier went to work on the problem and the result was a watch with a leather band and a small buckle, to be worn on the wrist.

Santos-Dumont never took off again without his personal Cartier wristwatch, and he used it to check his personal record for a 220 m (722 ft) flight, achieved in twenty-one seconds, on November 12, 1906. The Santos-Dumont watch was officially displayed on October 20, 1979 at the Paris Air Museum next to the 1908 Demoiselle, the last aircraft that he built.

Cartier today has a collection of wristwatches honouring Santos-Dumont called Santos . Publicity involved photographs of Santos-Dumont and his achievements.

Because it is hideous................. Dealers must keep this model hidden out of public view for fear of going blind.

Don't hold back your true feelings now. I'm sure we can handle your innermost thoughts about this watch.... let it all out, it's really cathartic and so good for you! :fishing:

actually 3 dealers have it, silix, PT and [censored]. I must say all these reps suck starting with the band, i have only seen a nice rep of those from a friend, but not around here

Thanks. I didn't see it on Silix's website or PT's photobucket. [censored]? Where did your friend get it, and why is it better?