When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ap ROO pride of Argentina

mm..mm

Hi all,

So I have been interested in beginning a small project.

I am dying to get a ROO pride of Argentina rose gold. And since it's not produced as a rep I was wondering if anyone had an idea how it could be done.

The main mods that would need to be done I believe is changing the color of the (Marcus dial) do a deep blue and have the pushers made in brown rubber.

The caseback would also need to be modded but I believe this to be less of an issue.

Anyone have an idea on how to begin producing this piece?

Or how to mod the color of a dial at home?

Some more info :)

2 versions:

• titanium case with steel bezel (100 pieces)
  • 18k rose gold case (50 pieces)

You're interested in the RG case:

Details:

* outer borders on the subdials are white gold

* WHITE gold numerals, the titanium case has rose gold numerals (AP's anouncement stated these were white gold on the RG case and WG on the ti case, this is wrong... :) )

* all hands are white gold and filled with creamy blue color (creamy color on the Ti version)

* the "AP Audemars Piguet" logo is Pink Gold and the "Audemars Piguet" text is WHITE

* the numerals are plates, it is not painted like the other ROO's, it is like the Arnold Legacy model

* Pushers are dark brown

* Caseback engraved with the Cabildo and the inscription “Pride of Argentina - 1810-2010– Limited

* limitation of 50 pieces

* The Date cutout part is not painted, same like the Montauk for example

Good luck, I don't think you'll be able to do this at home honestly... Lovely model and I understand you're dying to get it :)

Maybe the Don Ramon is a good option for you?

P1010496.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If Torro is involved in this I do hope he will show prototypes here before actual production.

Angus did so with some Pams on RWI and the end result was fantastic.

In particular I hope that they will pay attention to the back and to getting all the stamps correct (750 if it is titanium and spelling errors are high on the suspect list... ;) ).

• 1 month later...