When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking For Expert Oppions On This Tag Link Chrono

dvn

It is an excellent rep, although that one seems to have a bad date alignment issue... Make sure you specify good date alignment and you'll be pretty safe purchasing that...

Have a look at By-Tor's in depth review.

Some bezels are also not lined up as well as they could be.

On the gen shots, the center seam of the bracelet is usually in line with the 2 of the '120' in the 6 o'clock position on the tachy bezel.

Similarly, the center seam of bracelet should be almost in line with the space between 6 and 0 of the '60' in the 12 o'clock position on the tachy.

That being said, the date is the flaw that will be most glaringly obvious.

I have the grey chrono version on order but I already got the Link auto in blue.

I kindly requested an inspection of the date window prior to shipping and the dealer complied.........I received a fairly well centered date window on mine. :D

Finepics has stated in another post that the date window issue on the chrono can be rectified by replacing the date disc / ring with a genuine ETA 7750 disc (discussion was referring to SMP chrono, but I assume it may hold true for Link chrono which is also Asian 7750)

Forgot to add that anyone worried about the date should just order a genuine ETA 7750 date ring to correct the problem.

New Seamaster Chrono Owners

Overall these TAG Link reps are truly superb in quality and accuracy..........an opinion expressed by many of the experienced posters here.

Edited by Nottsman

Hey guys... take another look. The black (non-Senna) version should always come with "brushed bezel"... and it should have tachymeter numerals on the rehaut, not on the bezel.

142712-16523.jpg

This rep looks like it's some kind of strange hybrid combo: It has the case, crown and pushers of the "brushed" version, and dial, bezel and datewheel from the "polished" version.

It's still a handsome piece, and I wouldn't have any problem wearing it. But it's a weird combo.

Good one By-tor............

I was wondering why they showed polished bezels for grey and blue dial but not for the black on the official Tag site. :g:

The brushed bezel looks good as well but I am at a loss as to why someone has not corrected that ridiculous date font on those models :yuk:

Edited by Nottsman